First Frost

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
first night for our deep freeze for the season here in south eastern Colorado.

it rained last night and then there was hail for awhile and then more rain and then it froze. :-?

then I went out at 4 a.m. to start my work and started the car ....everything was going like normal (duga duga duga ) warmed up and defrosted the window ....got started going and the heater blower motor goes dead :neutral:

so im driving around and it getting increasingly colder and colder and of course im not dressed for the weather, still in denial that summer warm times are over.....so finally I cant take it anymore and I pull over and get under the dash to check fuses ......all fuses check out, so I get under the heater box and see if I can see anything ....the glove box does not have a liner so you can see the heater box through the glove box and I start wiggling wires and suddenly the motor starts working again .....it turns out to be a burnt wire connector which is actually pretty scary.

what a morning, what a first frost. :sad7: now im home and defrosted ....now to see how the rest of the day goes :neutral:

The frustrations of driving old cars. I am sure enjoying the weather right now though. Not too hot and not too cold but winter will be coming in soon.

. Not too hot and not too cold but winter will be coming in soon.

that's how its been here too and its strange because the days are still getting into the upper 60s so the days are not bad at all but the nights are getting colder and colder :neutral: good thing I took the wipers off last night so they don't freeze to the window and tear ...after the ice gets soft I put them back on and run the wipers ....glad I remembered to do that last night

Attachments

• frosty.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 264
beautiful morning here in the garden state...suppose to get to 70 today...nice nite for the tricker treaters

Been using the ice scraper all week. Sucks! Never ready for cold weather. But its part of the cycle.

Ahh yes winter, currently 8:36 am its a balmy 41* going for a warm 73* sunny day :)

Happy Halloween !

The scary part comes next week , when it will only get into the lo 60's :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2235.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 222
now im home and defrosted ....now to see how the rest of the day goes :neutral:

Gotta get some meat on those bones, woman!! Once you're sure you've got the correct fuse for the blower motor, you should check out that bad connection. Can't believe that thing melted! Here.....try this: *over rice*

dinty_moore_beef_stew.jpg

Is there a house attached to that compound of garages?

Have been scraping the windshield this week.

BTW, where is your new dart ?

Well a car guy had it built like this and then I bought it 1 year later and added to it.

Attachments

• ShastaHouse3250.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 215
Well a car guy had it built like this and then I bought it 1 year later and added to it.

nice house but I don't know how you guys can live with neighbors so close.
of course no worries with everything garaged..

once I tried farm life ...I doubt I can ever go back to the city or a neighborhood.

but your house is gorgeous ....that's the real life Barbie dream house

Gotta get some meat on those bones, woman!! Once you're sure you've got the correct fuse for the blower motor, you should check out that bad connection. Can't believe that thing melted! Here.....try this:

I recently discovered the whopper at burger king ....that is helping a lot ....I still cant finish the whole thing by myself but im working on it :D I don't know what they put in those but the taste is addicting and I keep wanting another one. :-?

Attachments

• whop.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 186
I don't think you want to know what "they" put in those things....

Here in Wyoming we've already had one 15" snowfall and a couple 1"-2"ers. First frost happens quite a bit sooner here...and unfortunately the last one is quite a bit later too.

kinda strange but NOV. 1 and half the trees are yellow and half are still very green .....then on top of the weirdness its suddenly mid-60s during the day and not so bad at night again

Attachments

• CIMG3302.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG3303.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 177
I like my area at this time of year ...still kinda warm but no chance of running into snakes and strange summer critters.

Attachments

• 20131023_164537_2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 113
  • 20131023_164508_1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 20131023_164434_9.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20131023_164321_4.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 20131023_164212_1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 20131023_165313_11.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 129
Time to turn the corner on the seasons. I just put skis on the front of my snowmobile today. BRRRRRAAAP!!!!!! Two stroke, Cold smoke!

I like my area at this time of year ...still kinda warm but no chance of running into snakes and strange summer critters.

That.......kicks.......***! What a beautiful area, Rani! I love the open space like that. Geez, I didn't know it was that far out! I agree.....this is one of the best times of year to dive into a painting project or whatever, as long as you can make good (quick) progress before it's freezing cold.

That.......kicks.......***! What a beautiful area, Rani! I love the open space like that. Geez, I didn't know it was that far out! I agree.....this is one of the best times of year to dive into a painting project or whatever, as long as you can make good (quick) progress before it's freezing cold.

yea open space are nice like the farm area I live but the downside is you see how many people are around so it gets lonely out here ...all I have to talk to is the cows or the cat. The silence of nobody around can drive you nuts. now you see why I spend so much time with the cars or working ...not much else to do out here. :-?:-?

Ahh,...The sounds of silence,...It's pretty good once ya get used to It, Miss Rani,...After living in "Da Bronx",...I absolutely love, love, love, my home in the woods,...Spent the day finishing up the back end on the Ram, Wash the new GMC,...preppin for tomorrow's swap meet, and havin a couple of cold ones around the bonfire with my bestest cuz,...I got one nieghbor and thats one to many,...First frost was 2 weeks ago,...Couple more weeks and I'll be waxin the new ski's,.. Yee Freakin Haw...

-
Back