First 'Major' ticket

-
81 in a 50, 31 km/h over, $226 fine and 4 points. My first ticket I want to fight just for insurance reasons but I am unsure about how to continue, oh well, it will come to me. It really sucks, didn't even get a break from the cop, not that it is his job... Im pissed at myself. I know a radar detector is illegal where I live but it would have saved me easily on this one. CRAP:banghead:

Sorry late read,
Good Job!!

I take my car to the dealer before court and complain about the speedometer.

They spend my $50.00 for 30 minutes and give me a comprehensive print out showing how they used their high tech gadgets to re-calibrate my speedometer and now it's OK.

I go to court and rep myself and plead no contest while I hand the print out to the judge. The judge looks at the paper work and gives me a $75.00 fine for defective equipment and no points and thanks me for being thorough and not wasting his time.

Total cost $125.00 and No points.

This works if you don't abuse it.....I get a ticket every 13 months like clock work.

Good stuff, just went to court this morning. They dropped it down to a 65km/h in a 50. 15k over, no points and a $45 fine. WAAAYYY better than the 4 points and $226. It pays to just show up. And I'm only working 4 days a week so it didn't even cost me pay.

pretty simple wasn't it. 2-3 years and its wiped off your record. in the meantime it listed as a minor on your insurance.

:-D

-
Back