First time in the shop working on back to back days in probably over 2 months

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After getting over my torn calf muscle I was just getting my groove on and I started that three consecutive weeks of getting shots in my bone on bone knees. By the second shot it started getting worse and by the third series I could hardly walk. Well I had regular cortisone shots in both knee’s Friday and yesterday I was able to do a valve job on a Speedmaster head. I just finished working 8 hours blending the valve job and setting my short turn height and shaping the short side. Then I grabbed the customers Victor340 that I wasn’t happy with and put a couple more hours into it. He’s going to run a two inch spacer which I blended in so before I flow test it I’m going to blend in a one inch spacer too so I can compare them. Hopefully flow it by Tuesday if I decide to miss the three day big money race at keystone. I haven’t touched my car yet. Sure felt good to work with only half the pain.

IMG_2474.jpeg

IMG_2473.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

IMG_2469.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

8 hours, sounds like you started working a full time job.

I take plenty of breaks. Lol. I got some water in the basement from those two storms so I worked on getting it dried up and did 4-5 loads of clothes.
That was a ton of rain we got. Water in the basement sucks. Fortunately I'm on top of a hill now basically, and haven't had any issues.

I have several different height stools by the work
bench. I spend most of the time on one or another!

I float between two stools while porting. I have a great rotator for porting heads that I and stop in any position. I like doing intakes but to get them blocked in the right spot I use the two stools, a piece of 4 x 4, a piece of 1.5 x 1.5 wood, a piece of 2 x 4, and two 1/2 inch thick pieces of plastic cutting board to square them up while standing end for end. Then of coarse my homemade V blocks. But you still end up standing a lot while porting intake manifolds.

I know it is way off topic, and i am no physician, but talk to your doctor about platelet rich plasma therapy for your knees. It helps to repair the damage cartilage whereas the cortisol weakens the cartilage after a few shots.

I know it is way off topic, and i am no physician, but talk to your doctor about platelet rich plasma therapy for your knees. It helps to repair the damage cartilage whereas the cortisol weakens the cartilage after a few shots.

Probably way to late for that. 33 years of millwright work, lifting 110 pound furnace brick on uneven surfaces did my knees in 25 years ago. Three operations didn’t help any. 68 years old and full of arthritis have left me bone on bone. It’s ugly.

Sorry to hear that!
You might find yourself a place down in Florida when you retire. At least the winters will be easier on the joints!

i just bought a '772' mopar intake. not sure if i'll use it yet as i have a CFE tunnel ram. i would really like to start porting but scared to screw it up. it's an art form for sure.

i just bought a '772' mopar intake. not sure if i'll use it yet as i have a CFE tunnel ram. i would really like to start porting but scared to screw it up. it's an art form for sure.

It’s something we can all
Learn. I did it 100% on my own and I’m not a brain surgeon.

-
Back