first timer on a dodge

-

73dartswngr

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if I have to loosen my torsion bars to remove upper and lower ball joints on a 73 swinger. This is my first time working with torsion bar suspension and was wondering if I had to loosen them or not. Thanks for the info.:cheers:

If you keep the car's weight on the lower control arm (ie: a block of cinder or wood there), you should be able to remove the ball joints...although, it would probably be safer to loosen them...just try and count how many revolutions you do of the torsion bar adjusting bolt, so you won't have to redo the front end alignment.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

If you keep the car's weight on the lower control arm (ie: a block of cinder or wood there), you should be able to remove the ball joints...although, it would probably be safer to loosen them...just try and count how many revolutions you do of the torsion bar adjusting bolt, so you won't have to redo the front end alignment.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

You are wrong. :violent1:

Just kiddin ya.

I just run the adjusters back up to the end of the clean threads so I don't have to count the turns. :)

The upper control arm is not spring loaded, so supporting the car on the bottom one to change them is a good way of doing it.

And 4x4's or cinder blocks work great, but I wouldn't trust it to stay on jackstands if I had to yank on the ball joints much.

You are wrong. :violent1:

Just kiddin ya.

I just run the adjusters back up to the end of the clean threads so I don't have to count the turns. :)

The upper control arm is not spring loaded, so supporting the car on the bottom one to change them is a good way of doing it.

And 4x4's or cinder blocks work great, but I wouldn't trust it to stay on jackstands if I had to yank on the ball joints much.

WHAT!!!...I'M WRONG????...NO WAY, YOU DON'T KNOW*&#$%.....Oops, sorry...Just read the "kidding" part....LOL....

TB is totally right...so there!...LOL :blob::supz::blob:

Thanks guys appreciate the feedback, now who want to help, lol j/k.

We just did. :)

Sometimes I wish there was someone close enough to work on our cars with, but with my luck it would be some egotistical D**K that I would have to push his buttons just for the entertainment value.

Now I have to tell you this story.
We had a couple over for a BBQ one night and the guy was one of those people.
He made a big deal out of the fact that he hated to be touched by other people, and the fact that HIS wife will do what he tells her she is going to do.
Well, I asked his wife if she would like to go camping at this one certain place because it was really pretty there and had a waterfall.
Well he butted in and said "I just told you SHE will do what I TELL her to do!"
I couldn't help myself man.
I got up and walked around behind him, grabbed him by the ears and turned his head towards his wife and said "I was talking to HER, NOT you"
I have never in my life seen someone come up out of a chair so fast in my entire life.
He started screaming at me that he had already told me that he didn't like being touched by people, and I started wiping the corners of my eyes with fists (like I was crying) and told him he would either get over it, or he wouldn't and to pick one. (while I was laughing at him)

After he grabbed his wife out of her chair saying "we are out of here" he stormed off and they left.
My wife asked me why would do such a thing when I had to know darn well it would piss him off.

I told her he was a womanizing, over machoed egotistcal D**K and I would never consider going camping with someone like that, and I didn't want him at my house any longer.
(It worked, as we never spoke again)

Sorry about the change of subject 73Dartswngr.

-
Back