First trophy in 40 years...

-

FlatheadGeo

Reaction score
I usually attend a Car Cruise in New Jersey every Saturday night. Since I am awaiting the switch of an engine in my 1957 Studebaker, I have been taking my 63 Valiant Signet 2 door hardtop. While the car is mechanically A-1, I have been working on the interior, body and paint. The car looks like a rat rod and the kids just love it. Last night I received the shock of my life in the car hobby--I won a trophy! The trophy sponsors choose their pick for their trophy. Obviously, someone has been noticing the car and the improvements. I am just so proud of my Valiant that I just had to share the good news.:toothy8:

After 40 years you deserve a trophy. Success comes with persistence. Congratulations.

Nice! I've only ever won one trophy, "Best Orphan" for my 65 Fargo W300, and they misplaced the trophy, said they would send it to me, but I never got it, haha.

I would love to post pics, if I can ever corner my son to do so. I do not have any digital capabilities. I was born in the middle of the last century, can you say: Dinosaur?

Thanks for the congrats!

Dinosaur? and these cars were new when? and still burn petro products?

Congratulations!! It is nice to see people judging Mopars favorably at shows like those. The ones around here get all google eyed over Vettes, Cameros and Mustangs and don't even know what most other cars are, especially Mopars. The last local show I went to a buddy of mine won Best GM and Best Modified - with a completely stock Model A ........
I kid you not.

This is a picture that my nephew helped me post.

-
Back