Fish Emblem?

-

IfItsGotWheels

XS Tech-Anything worth doing, is worth doing in XS
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the fish emblem that goes on the trunk lid is the same as the one that goes on the hood. The trunk lid has a crease in the middle & the emblem I have can't sit down flat on the trunk lid.

Year One & Laysons both sell the fish , but according to them both the front & rear emblems are the same. I have three of these emblems, they are all flat.

Shouldn't be bowed. 67 68 have flat hoods. 69 didn't have one on the hood that I can remember. 67 trunk emblem is the same as the hood. 68 trunk emblem is near the right taillight and is not the fish in a circle but just the fish under "Barracuda" script.

It's the trunk lid that needs an emblem that is contoured. The flat emblems will not work with the crease down the middle of the trunk lid.

It's the trunk lid that needs an emblem that is contoured. The flat emblems will not work with the crease down the middle of the trunk lid.

No year stated, my 68 does not have an emblem there. Must be a 69? I never did like the 69 due to the crease from front to back and the LARGE grills.

I just got a new one for my 67 s Barracuda this week from Herb's part's. It's flat,he has three more if you need one.

Ok,if there's a contoured one out there I don't have it either.My fish sits off the trunk surface at each end,I guess mine is wrong,but it doesn't look that bad.8)

If it is old it may be bent?? The crown in the decklid of my 68 stops about half way down and is near flat at the edge.

Hey Vic now I know I am only a Dart guy, but looking in my Mopar Muscle book, I only see an emblem on the trunks lids that are flat. There is a pic of a 67 with a with the crease down the middle, and it does not have an emblem. Just the Cuda under the name on the trunk panel.

P.S. Ok gyus got my Brad Penn oil from Corner's Quickly on Thursday, and its going in tomorrow. Len (I belive that's his name) is a good guy!

Mark

Hey ifitsgotwheels what year are ya talkin?? I have never seen any emblems of any kind on the hood of a 69

The brochure for the 68 Barracuda does show the fish in the circle on the trunk lid. Whether they are different I don't know mine doesn't have one either and no holes for it, but on the inner structure there are two holes in the bracing.

Here's a picture.
View attachment scan0001.jpg

Looking at the brochure close it does look as thought it sticks up , but it's not that good of a picture it could just be a shadow.

The brochure for the 68 Barracuda does show the fish in the circle on the trunk lid. Whether they are different I don't know mine doesn't have one either and no holes for it, but on the inner structure there are two holes in the bracing.

Looking at the brochure close it does look as thought it sticks up , but it's not that good of a picture it could just be a shadow.

That is Bizarre!!! It even looks like the crown is on the roof too! I went to the shop and confirmed that my 68 does NOT have the emblem nor were there ever any holes. The crown fades half way down the decklid. My roof is in bare metal and cannot feel or see this crown there either. Something "FISHY" about this photo!

Both the front and rear ornament got the same part# in my 1967 Mopar book.

My 68 never had any "circle fish" on the trunk, it did on the hood.
I still dont know what year ifitsgotwheels is asking about. Are you talking 67??

I wonder whether the advertising photo is a pre-production model for photo shoots. I have seen some old adverts that showed things from previous years, which were never offered for that year model.

My 68 Fastback has the crease on the decklid going all the way down the centerline. There are no holes in the exterior sheetmetal but the mounting holes for the Fish-In-A-Circle emblem is in the inertior bracing. Always wondered how you could mount it and make it look right...guess the answer is NOT.

My 68 never had any "circle fish" on the trunk, it did on the hood.
I still dont know what year ifitsgotwheels is asking about. Are you talking 67??

Yes ,he's just finishing his resto on the car.Down to the little things now.8)

That is Bizarre!!! It even looks like the crown is on the roof too! I went to the shop and confirmed that my 68 does NOT have the emblem nor were there ever any holes. The crown fades half way down the decklid. My roof is in bare metal and cannot feel or see this crown there either. Something "FISHY" about this photo!

I looked closer at the photo. What looks like a crown on the roof is just a shadow it show better in the whole photo.
There is another picture of a convertible it too has a fish in a circle on the trunk lid.

-
Back