fit aftermarket shifter into stock console?

-

phaelax

Reaction score
My car originally has the bench seat, I'm in the process of putting in buckets (floor will be reinforced for it). What I'd like to do is put in a factory looking center console and find a way to fit in my b&m shifter so it looks at least somewhat like it came factory. I was initially planning to use a 3spd auto console but then though the 4spd console might be easier to fit.

Just kinda looking for ideas if anyone has thoughts about it. Or do yall think it's just completely infeasible?

72065247962__BA78F8ED-EADC-4CDF-B228-6E79E066714B.jpg

4spd consoles are much more money. I'd go with the auto.I don't have measurements but maybe fit the console over with top plate off then measure and cut top plate if it does? Stole pic off ebay
1699287998720.png

Did a B/M shifter used an automatic console many years ago. It can be done! Had to custom make the shifter mounting brackets.
Wish I still had the pictures. Turned out really nice!

The previous owner of mine mounted a quick silver in the console. Swapped the indicator to the other side

IMG_3294.jpeg

Until I acquire a console, I can't do any measuring to see how it'd fit. Hearing someone has done it before is good news.

I put a promatic 2 in my duster. It was originally a bench seat car. I swapped it to 70 dart buckets and console. I cut down the factory shifter mount and welded a flat plate to the top to bolt down the promatic 2. I removed the factory gear shift area of the console and used the chrome top plate of the promatic 2.

20181018_120426.jpg

-
Back