Fitech and/or Holley Sniper EFI

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
For those of you using the Fitech or Sniper EFI are you controlling the timing through the system if so why and how often is it necessary to use that feature on a fun daily driver with no added booster

that's the one im looking at
I am still getting the kinks sorted out. Although they say that its "self learning" it's only partially true. I still have cold start issues where I have to hold the throttle down to get it to start along with a bit of issue with it feeling like the fuel is cut off when I lift the throttle (l think that it's getting confused because my manual valve body coasts in third gear when I let off of the throttle). These things are minor and I have no doubt that I can iron them out, it's just finding the time (I have a field service job and I am typically out of town 5 days a week and when I get home there's always a bunch of things that need worked on, this week it was the furnace). Anyway you look at it you will need a proper fuel injection fuel system. I went with a Tanks Inc fuel tank and I also bought the pump and sending unit from them. I bought the braided steel lines and AN fittings from Summit. All this and a few miscellaneous items will cost you about another $600.00. if I can help in any way please feel free to PM me. If you would like I can give you my phone number then.

Good Luck!

I have the fitech 600 on my dart.
I started with hooking up the timing the first day I installed it and did some tinkering fired her up and let her learn. Runs with no issues.
In all honesty I think most people over think the whole darn thing. Only issue I had was a burnt external fuel pump, but that was my own novice fault.

-
Back