FiTech EFI system

-
I got the adjustable rotor. Gonna try it this weekend.
Then got to figure out all the timing curve inputs.

Make sure you come back and update us! I ordered everything (Go Efi4 unit, Inline fuel kit, distributor, and adjustable rotor) from Pace Performance yesterday! Cant wait to get it here and installed!

Just curious if this is normal or needs adjustment. I was setting up throttle cables and noticed when I went to WOT the TPS sensor reads 96.5 max. I thought it was my cable adjustment but when I did WOT by hand at the trottle body it's read 96.5 max too.
Keep in mind I have yet to start the car and do any IAC adjustments yet.

Is this normal or should it read 100%??

Just curious if this is normal or needs adjustment. I was setting up throttle cables and noticed when I went to WOT the TPS sensor reads 96.5 max. I thought it was my cable adjustment but when I did WOT by hand at the trottle body it's read 96.5 max too.
Keep in mind I have yet to start the car and do any IAC adjustments yet.

Is this normal or should it read 100%??

Can you reset it so that it reads 100% at WOT?

I'm not sure. Have never read anywhere that talks about setting tps like other efi systems.

I have another question about timing control
Ok when I phased my distributor I set my base timing to 10* and just copied the instructions.
I know my engine like a lot more then that to start and idle good. Should I go back and set my base timing from the very start to 20* and re stab and phase the distributor or can I just change it in the hand held?

Also I noticed there is a "base timing" and "idle timing" does this mean that since I set my base to 10* I can just set the idle to 20*.
Hope this makes sense.
Like I said I was gonna go 20* on the damper from the start but I noticed that most guys where doing the 10*

Got my system together and....starts. Runs for a minute then shuts off.
not sure what's going on.
After It's really hard to start too. Keeps cranking and cranking till it slowly fires. Then dies after 30 seconds to a minute.

Yup. Talk to great fitech customer service. He told me to hold peddle to floor and start it. Boom it flashed and stayed running. (Maybe it was magic) Was running super rich, so adjusted IAC and everything was running near perfect.
Couldn't drive do too bad weather.
Only thing I'm concerned about is plugs are pretty fouled, from me trying to start it the day before. Constantly turning the system on and off again. Getting that prime shot.
I'm hoping the engine didn't get hurt from all that gas. Has me a little worried right now but maybe I'm over reacting.
Gonna throw new plugs in and possibly change the oil.

Ran very very good once tech got me up and running. Very impressed so far.

I don't think thats enough fuel to hurt anything. If the plugs are new, I would just clean them up and run them. As far as the oil, a nice long drive that gets the oil fully warmed up should clear any residual fuel out that may have leached down into the sump.

Just a Public service announcement. I will NOT be manipulating any invoices to reflect erroneous sale dates. So please do not ask me. I was not made aware of this rebate until this morning. I have no control on what was ordered a week, a month, or a year ago. Not directed at anyone specifically. This just comes up every time we get a MFG rebate, so throwing it out there for the masses. Sorry fellas.

Here's a new one, for me at least. After running for a month or so, my unit stopped working today. Power adder 1200, fuel only. The engine fires, but then immediately dies. I noticed that I don't have any RPM reading. It stays at 0. My regular analog tach reads fine. All other readings; MAF, Temp, AFR, etc. appear to be reading fine on the handheld.

I tried re-writing my saved config profile and power cycling. That didn't work. So, I tried resetting the default v8 profile. Same thing. Engine starts briefly and then immediately dies with no change in the RPM. I've checked my blue tach wire, reseated all of the fuses and checked all of the connections at the TB and at my power sources.

Everything else is fine. Clean fuel, good fuel pressure. Spark is good, cranking power is great. It just starts and in less than a second just dies, like somebody pulled the coil wire and the RPM stays stuck at 0.

Here's a new one, for me at least. After running for a month or so, my unit stopped working today. Power adder 1200, fuel only. The engine fires, but then immediately dies. I noticed that I don't have any RPM reading. It stays at 0. My regular analog tach reads fine. All other readings; MAF, Temp, AFR, etc. appear to be reading fine on the handheld.

I tried re-writing my saved config profile and power cycling. That didn't work. So, I tried resetting the default v8 profile. Same thing. Engine starts briefly and then immediately dies with no change in the RPM. I've checked my blue tach wire, reseated all of the fuses and checked all of the connections at the TB and at my power sources.

Everything else is fine. Clean fuel, good fuel pressure. Spark is good, cranking power is great. It just starts and in less than a second just dies, like somebody pulled the coil wire and the RPM stays stuck at 0.

If your not using FItech timing and you saved or reloaded a setting make sure you ignition setting is set back to tach.

Same thing happened to me - twice. Pull the air cleaner and have a spray bottle or cup of gasoline handy; have someone crank the engine and when it fires up spray/pour gas down the throttle bore. If the engine keeps trying to run then it's fuel delivery. Crude, but it works. I did the master reset and that solved the issue both times.

Same thing happened to me - twice. Pull the air cleaner and have a spray bottle or cup of gasoline handy; have someone crank the engine and when it fires up spray/pour gas down the throttle bore. If the engine keeps trying to run then it's fuel delivery. Crude, but it works. I did the master reset and that solved the issue both times.

What is concerning is that it happened twice. Is there a setting getting lost?

What is concerning is that it happened twice. Is there a setting getting lost?
I agree. I installed the system in June and had idle and warm start issues. Cody walked me through those issues. On Aug 26th I adjusted the IAC below 10 and it's been OK since then.

I agree. I installed the system in June and had idle and warm start issues. Cody walked me through those issues. On Aug 26th I adjusted the IAC below 10 and it's been OK since then.

No problems since? I really want to get this setup soon, but the reviews have been up and down. Mostly solved though it seems.

Spoke to support. My unit is going back for an RMA. Disappointed but at least the support is very good.

No problems since? I really want to get this setup soon, but the reviews have been up and down. Mostly solved though it seems.
When I say OK, I mean just OK. I can't recommend the product, not when other guys I know have installed `other name brand systems and have had no where near the tuning issues. My Dart with a more radical cam and Eddy carb runs better and is more reliable than the Coronet.

-
Back