Fitment No clue need help.

-

wheelman21

Mopar noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So after measuring and remeasuring and measuring one more time I have determined that I have 64-67 B Body 8 3/4 in my 73 Dart Sport. I swapped it over from a drag car I had bought. It is obviously different in dimension than the 8 3/4 that came in a 73 Dart. I am looking to see what backspacing I would need for a 17x9 rear wheel with a 255/45/17 tire. Anyone have any idea on this? Also, Should I run a wider tire like a 275/45? Will it fit? I love a good wide rear tire! Thanks guys!

"It's your car. You measure it."

Some things "that help."

If you can get ANY wheel on the car and on the ground, take clearance measurements.......and figure how much you'll have from the tire bulge to the springs

Then remove the tire and figure dimensions from the wheel mount surface to the front and rear of the rim. From there, you can add/ subtract to figure you 'new' wheels

Easy. You need a tape, a straightedge or two (some scrap lumber" and sometimes, a framing square comes in handy

Summit sells a tool perfect for the job. The Percy's Wheel Rite.

"It's your car. You measure it."

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/eUh5IShNwXo/hqdefault.jpg

Some things "that help."

If you can get ANY wheel on the car and on the ground, take clearance measurements.......and figure how much you'll have from the tire bulge to the springs

Then remove the tire and figure dimensions from the wheel mount surface to the front and rear of the rim. From there, you can add/ subtract to figure you 'new' wheels

Easy. You need a tape, a straightedge or two (some scrap lumber" and sometimes, a framing square comes in handy

The car has wheels and tires on it. I've been driving it for two years. I'm sure I can measure it myself and get an educated guess of what will fit, but I asked because I'm sure it's been done before and I prefer to learn from others mistakes and successes. I'm sure not everyone on this forum has an A-body 8 3/4 rear end under their car....they didn't build enough for that.

-
Back