Fix or sell as is?

-

72dart

Mopa
Reaction score
I am going to put this car up for sale in the near future. Should I have these dents repaired before I sell this car or would most buyers rather buy the car as is and do the necessary body work. A tree limb fell on the car one day when I was about to take out on Saturday drive. Did not break the paint but ruined my day. Have not gotten an estimate yet and don't know what it would cost to fix. What would make the most sense , Sell as is or have it repaired?

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 181
That's a good looking car, I guess you would have to decide the cost of fixing against how much you would lose on offers.

If it can be fixed for, let's just say 400 and someone tries to offer you a thousand less than your asking price then it would be in your best interest to fix it.

Just my two pennies.

see if one of those painless dent removal places can do anything with it..

if you sell as is you will take a pretty good hit on price.

I guess I need to to get some estimates before I decide what to do.

Hmm, call up a few PDR guys and see what they'll charge. Sometimes they wont even mess with old cars because the steel is too thick compared to what they're used to doing. It's a nice car so I'm assuming you're going to be selling it for around $10k or so? If it was a $5000 and below car I'd say leave it. Since it's nice, I'd get it fixed depending on what they'll charge. Assume a buyer will probably want you to lower the price another $500 because of the dents.

If this happened in your yard and you are a homeowner your homeowners insurance may fix it for you. Just a thought.

a heat gun and a good shot of keyboard duster may pop most of that out , it wont hurt the paint either

search dent removal with air duster on youtube

Wish I had thought of that when it happened a few years ago.

I tried that method with dry ice and it did bring it out some but not all of it.

Well I'll be jiggered.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OGa9vB42Q"]Paintless Dent Repair Using a Heat Gun and a Can of Compressed Gas Duster - YouTube[/ame]

If this happened in your yard and you are a homeowner your homeowners insurance may fix it for you. Just a thought.
Asked my insurance agent about this and they said nope. There explanation was if it something that can have its own policy than it needs to be insured. A friend had a 1-of 6 GTO at a friends house that caught fire. Friend was a knucklehead and did not have any insurance on it. The agent that had the house insured told my friend that he was sol, that is why they write car policies.

-
Back