fixing horn

-

Bunker45

Reaction score
I have 3 horns that do not work. Thought it was something wrong with the switch, but tried the last one and it worked. Any way to tear them apart and fix what is wrong...I have not opened it up.

Thanks

Try adjusting them. The adjuster moves the contact......a horn is nothing more that a buzzer.........which essentially is a relay coil in series with the contacts. You want BIG power to them, NO12 wire and good solid connections. Don't rely on alligator clips. Clamp in a vise, bolt up the ground, get a tool to fit the adjuster, and when you are ready, hook other lead to a good battery. Wiggle/ twist the adjuster back and forth until you hear something, turn it in and out at least 1 turn either way, and if it starts to work, adjust for best sound / pitch.

There are people that have taken them apart, not me, LOL

I have 3 horns that do not work. Thought it was something wrong with the switch, but tried the last one and it worked. Any way to tear them apart and fix what is wrong...I have not opened it up.

Thanks
If you cannot fix them and want them restored, I had mine done by the horn works, highly recommend them.

-
Back