Flake member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Daniel will someday ship the hood out or return my money. He has been a member in good standing since 2007 as far as I can tell. I don't really think he took my money without any intentions to hold up to his end of the deal. But I have always believed that actions speak louder than words.

I haven't tried to make any contact with him since this thread started. I do have his phone number but see no point in calling him. My PM contacts have been posted in this thread already by Daniel and as you can see I have asked nicely three times if the hood has shipped. At this point any other contact just makes me feel like I'm begging for my hood or money. I'm not going to lower myself down to that level over this.

My plan was to just simple update this thread monthly till the issue is hopefully resolved. But since the question was asked, figured I would answer it and update the thread. I encourage members to comment on the thread and the situation. But me personally, I'm not going to turn this into a personal attack on Daniel and I hope others don't as well.

Still no hood or money, actions speak louder than words. Careful who you buy from out there guys. This has been a public service announcement.

I don't know whats going on with Dan, it must be a financial problem. Like I said before no need for me to be begging to get the hood or money. I PM'ed him before this thread telling him I would really like the hood but He could just refund the money if he preferred. It was his choice I think that was pretty clear. If he was in a bad place I guess I would just appreciate an honest hey dude don't have your money now and can't even afford to ship the hood.

RustyRatRod I think most of us have had difficulties in this new economy some more than others, I know I have. You're open and honest about it probably more than I would be. I respect the fact that you just lay it out there like it is.

Geo - He never asked for a refund.
As I said when I first posted a while back...I would be happy to give him a refund if he would rather that then the hood. Last he told me, he would rather have the hood.

Heck if he would rather a refund, I will still be glad to call Greyhound and have them return the shipment and give him a full refund.

I would take the blue highlighted in his quotes as asking for his money if you wasn't shipping the hood.

its amazing what a little pressure will do

if this thread had not been bumped repeatedly , it would not be getting resolved. the "empty threats" are what got this going

im glad this will finally go away and everyone is happy

I disagree, it was all Geof.
Until today I had no idea this thread had even got more replies, so how could it have been the threats that worked? That doesn't make sense. But whatever makes everyone sleep better at night.

Oklacarcollector - If you look a few words to the left of each highlighted passage, he clearly states that he would rather have the hood than a refund. That is precisely what he got.

Should have been handled, resolved and done 4 months ago.

Hopefully the hood arrives quickly.

See, had I known that Dan was in Warren, I would've offered to do the same thing when the thread first started! It wasn't until I read the included Facebook post about his house purchase that I realized that I could do something to help this along! I'm no hero here, just a guy willing to help get something resolved! I'm glad it did, and if I had a hand in it, that's good!! Lets call this a done deal and move along, yes??? Geof

Wow! Thread has grown since I went to work and came home. Awesome members here, especially cosgig putting himself out there like that and other members offering to help with shipping.

I did get a call today from the Michigan area and a message. Like an idiot I erased it by accident before hearing it. Guess it was from Daniel and I'm glad to hear from this thread the hood has shipped!

I will update thread in two or three weeks I guess

Thanks again

It's remarkable how many people offered to show up at my house or have family who is in town who could bring a posi no less! Other knew people in high places, blah, blah...yet none of them said anything about getting the hood like you were going to do. I suspect they are all empty threats anyways. Though if not I am awaiting a phone call or a Lynch (see what I did there? Mopar pun) mob at my door soon.

I am no thief, pure and simple. I also am not perfect.

The posi was offered to cover Geoff's back. It's not a good idea to collect debts alone... :evil3:

I wasn't threatening about people in high places. I was explaining to Geoff that I'm very familiar with Warren and was good friends with the leading prosecutor's kids.

Nobody appreciates getting ripped off or strung along. All you had to do is pick up the phone, or e-mail, or PM him and say that you were busy and couldn't get to it. You blew it off for how many months??? #-o

We were just trying to help a member out. We would offer the same for you if the shoe were on the other foot. :protest:

You were also notified about this thread when it first started and didn't respond. You wait until you finally ship the part to finally answer and then claim innocence... :angel12:

This thread was started on 6/17 and you were sent a pm for it. You were logged on on 7/15 and still hadn't responded. You should have been given a pop up notice about the pm for this thread when you logged in, and still ignored that. Now it's 8/5 and you finally took care of it. It's hard to believe that this is your first time seeing this thread. O:)

If you can't handle YOUR business, then maybe you shouldn't be in that business.... :???:

Glad to see that you shipped the hood and this is in process. Let's move on... :D

The first time I was made aware of this thread was when oklacarcollecto sent me a PM about...and I did respond then. I have not got a pop up about this thread since.
I have got a few other PM's from people not associated with this thread which did indeed have pop ups, but I was never alerted back to this thread until Geof called me and sent me a PM here on FABO...which was yesterday.
I already had the hood in my van and was about to take lunch and attempt yet again to get it shipped when he called. I work in Clinton Twp. which is about 35 miles from the closest Greyhound station so I gave him my address as I was not confident that it would slip by the counter person as it is packaged about as small as possible and was still over Greyhounds allowable size limit. I have not run into this before. At any rate I told Geof that if i can't grease the wheel enough at Greyhound he is more than welcome to come over and pick it up at his convenience. I could take it to with me to work and he could pick it up there or I could simply leave it in the bed of my Ram 1500 which has a topper on it to keep it protected.
I can assure you I had no previous knowledge of this threads new postings that morning when I loaded the hood into my van.

KrazyKuda - This isn't my business, it is my hobby and one of my few passions in life.

1930 - It is clear you haven't a clue about this transaction as I sold him the hood for $100.00 + shipping (which was figured to be another $100.00).
No idea where your random $500 figure came from?!?

I was made aware of this thread was when oklacarcollecto sent me a PM about...and I did respond then.

I can say this is accurate but since the hood wasn't shipped and since the money wasn't refunded, I would have thought you would have stayed on top of the thread.

Personally, I will be glad when the hood arrives so this thread can be put to bed. Did they give you an estimated arrival date?

The way I have read his replies thus far, the hood is still not shipped.

Since you apparently missed that part the first time:

the hood has already been shipped, thank goodness! Third time is the charm! This is why I asked you via PM to have Mark call.
I called him and left a message.

According to the ticket, it was excepted/tendered at 12:08pm EST (August 4th, 2014). i got to the station about 11:30am, however they would not ship it using my phone number as the destination number and it took me about 30 minutes to try to find the buyer's phone number on my old school and mostly useless cell phone. :/
being that the counterman already had it measured and weighed and cleared it for shipment, I certainly didn't want to miss this opportunity to get it to go through.

Personally, I will be glad when the hood arrives so this thread can be put to bed. Did they give you an estimated arrival date?

You and me both!
From the same post as the above was taken from:

Greyhound said it could be 5-15 days...if he wants the tracking number have him call or PM as I didn't get and notifications that this thread has grown, and oh my, my, has it! :eek:
The counterman said it usually takes about 7 days. He stated that smaller packages usually arrive around the 4 to 5 day mark and large packages such as this sometimes have to wait for the next bus here or there if the storage compartments are fairly full of passenger cargo and thus take 7-10 days. He told me to tell the buyer to expect it in 5 to 15 days. That is all I know about it's estimated arrival date at the moment.

Nobody made me man up, obviously it was never my intention to take this long to get it shipped.
I am no crook or theif. He got a great deal on a hood and poor service. Nothing more, nothing less. All I can do is make certain this situatiion doesn't happen again.

Geof, the hood has already been shipped, thank goodness! Third time is the charm! This is why I asked you via PM to have Mark call.
I called him and left a message.
Greyhound said it could be 5-15 days...if he wants the tracking number have him call or PM as I didn't get and notifications that this thread has grown, and oh my, my, has it! :eek:

Based off the post above, it has been shipped.

The first time I was made aware of this thread was when oklacarcollecto sent me a PM about...and I did respond then. I have not got a pop up about this thread since.

You posted on 6/19 at 6:28 PM. How could you claim not to know about this thread until oklacarcollecto sent you a PM recently... Total BS.... :evil3:

No B.S., that is exactly the post Oklacarcollecto and I are referring to. That is when he sent me the PM.

The thought that I am going to defraud someone is laughable...but for $200.00?? Come on.
I have tons of Mopar stuff, far more than one person could possibly ever use. If I were a crook, I certainly wouldn't do it on a repop fiberglass hood. I would like to think that even the worst crook in my position would have just listed one of my cars for sale or something like a fully dressed engine or something of large value if the intent was clearly to commit fraud.

It is obvious no matter how much of myself I put out here in this thread proving I have nothing to hide to still spend your time trying to trip me up on a technicality. Your opinion will not change, that is fine and understandable. The people that have me marked me as a guy with no balls, a scumbag, bad person, or a thief couldn't be further from the truth. That is their opinion and they are entitled to that as well. Anyone who has actually met me or dealt with me in any other transaction will have a very different opinion.

Ok, I thought that you were referring to a recent PM about this.

But you still should have taken care of this back then. It didn't have to go on like this and get to this level.

It's done now, I hope that he gets his hood and is happy with it.

I shipped everything I have sold. Yes I shipped this hood ridiculously late, but I can't change the past.
I do not need a fish to hook, my parts are legitimate and speak for themselves.
Yes, it is true, I have no credit. Could I have got a load for a house? More than likely. While it is certainly more difficult now than it was 8 years ago. I choose not to live with credit. What of it? Now that makes me dishonest? Get outta here with your you are holier than thou posts. Keep holding your breath and waiting for more bad dealings to surface. See where that gets you.
I am not going anywhere. I was in the hobby long before household internet and with my genes and health being excellent will be until you can no longer buy any type of fuel that will make these cars run!

I can just see how this is gonna play out......the hood will arrive damaged, and we'll have another huge internet battle royal on our hands.....:???:

Looks like he's trying to clean things up, why don't
you let it drop for awhile, see if things shake out.

Daniels been a member here 7 years without a problem. He screwed up.He,s making it right. If you got no skin in the game give it a rest.I,m pretty sure if he was here to screw people he,d already have a track record. Sheesh ,like a bunch of Magpies.

There is no reason to keep beating this horse, it has three broken legs and the fourth one is severely beat up. Daniel has admitted that he severely messed things up and has said the hood has been shipped.

I have been tempted to close this thread all day and reopen it once I get a pm from zhandfull that the hood has been delivered or a notification that there is a problem.

There is no reason to keep beating this horse, it has three broken legs and the fourth one is severely beat up. Daniel has admitted that he severely messed things up and has said the hood has been shipped.

I have been tempted to close this thread all day and reopen it once I get a pm from zhandfull that the hood has been delivered or a notification that there is a problem.

Please do!!! The thread was officially over 2 pages ago!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back