Flake member alert

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I will start off by admitting I certainly dropped the ball when it comes to shipping out the hood in question

Dan, It's been too long if you were paid for the hood in March. Just send the refund ASAP so this can be resolved.....

I'm hoping Daniel will someday ship the hood out or return my money. He has been a member in good standing since 2007 as far as I can tell. I don't really think he took my money without any intentions to hold up to his end of the deal. But I have always believed that actions speak louder than words.

I haven't tried to make any contact with him since this thread started. I do have his phone number but see no point in calling him. My PM contacts have been posted in this thread already by Daniel and as you can see I have asked nicely three times if the hood has shipped. At this point any other contact just makes me feel like I'm begging for my hood or money. I'm not going to lower myself down to that level over this.

My plan was to just simple update this thread monthly till the issue is hopefully resolved. But since the question was asked, figured I would answer it and update the thread. I encourage members to comment on the thread and the situation. But me personally, I'm not going to turn this into a personal attack on Daniel and I hope others don't as well.

I have dealt with a few members here and have had the part/parts here in my hands in under a week. Life does throw you curveballs, but if you want to sell something and you get the cash for it prior to shipping then that part should be ready to go out the door next day. People fail to realize that if you fail to do so, trust goes right out the door and word spreads.

I have had great experience with what I;ve bought off FABO I will say.
personally, I think NO matter what has happened in the guys life, since MARCH is totally unacceptable. I would be upset myself, communication or not..... no one needs to judge him personally, he just needs to communicate and ship hood or send refund. that simple.. my worthless opinion...

Dan , get this resolved for the man! do the right thing, he trusted you with his money

it is very easy , hood or the money

Dan , get this resolved for the man! do the right thing, he trusted you with his money

it is very easy , hood or the money

SI!!!!!!!!

Like someone else mentioned, I have a crap load of parts I could probably unload....but because of how flaky folks can be, myself included, not going to happen.

I'm hoping Daniel will someday ship the hood out or return my money. He has been a member in good standing since 2007 as far as I can tell. I don't really think he took my money without any intentions to hold up to his end of the deal. But I have always believed that actions speak louder than words.

I haven't tried to make any contact with him since this thread started. I do have his phone number but see no point in calling him. My PM contacts have been posted in this thread already by Daniel and as you can see I have asked nicely three times if the hood has shipped. At this point any other contact just makes me feel like I'm begging for my hood or money. I'm not going to lower myself down to that level over this.

My plan was to just simple update this thread monthly till the issue is hopefully resolved. But since the question was asked, figured I would answer it and update the thread. I encourage members to comment on the thread and the situation. But me personally, I'm not going to turn this into a personal attack on Daniel and I hope others don't as well.

It is good to see someone who takes the high road like this.

On a side note, ever notice how people's memory isn't so good when for example they borrow a tool from you. But if you borrow from them, they're memory is very sharp!

I can see that someone could get in a bind and not have time to build a crate and ship a large item. BUT, if someone finds their self in such a bind for time, they should bow out gracefully, apologize and promptly refund the money.

ever notice how people's memory isn't so good when for example they borrow a tool from you.

Yep, they'll promise you the world, including their sister to get you to loan them the tool, but it's harder than pulling teeth to get it back.... :angel12:

That's why I don't loan out tools/shop equipment.... :finga:

Still no hood or money, actions speak louder than words. Careful who you buy from out there guys. This has been a public service announcement.

I used to spend time in the chat room with Dan. I always thought he was a decent guy, but I've never done a deal with him either. Some people change when money is involved..... and not for the better.

Cummon Dan, man up and do the right thing! Its pretty simple..... send the part already, or give the man his money back!

I keep a mental note of these type of threads, so I can remember who not to trust. I am surprised at a couple of members who I have read these type of threads about. Sadly, my list continues to grow.....

Ok ive tried my best to stay outta it But damn dan time to step up . Ive talked alot with you dan . Your on my friends list . I dont even know the other feller . But right is right ! Wrong is wrong ! Lets Go ! Before your black listed on FABO . Hurry the Heck up son .

What's keeping Dan from just refunding the money and moving on?? I don't get it!! Geof

Dan!! Your future in selling parts and going on line is about to take a plung for the next 3 years sir.
Checking in on this problem on this date . Probation can be very expensive.
Think about it for a few minutes please .

I am in a similar situation. I owe a few people here carburetors and or carburetor work. I've not been able to recover from all of the ice storm damage earlier this year. Then I totaled my truck. Then, Kitty lost her job. Then, we fell into foreclosure. Now we are facing bankruptcy. I THINK we may have worked something out on the foreclosure, not 100% sure yet. But we have been barely scraping by. I say all this because unlike the situation with Dan, I am NOT going to disappear. I have answered all emails or phone calls regarding any deals and my customers have been more than understanding. I could not afford to give a refund right now if my life depended on it. If someone wants to get mad and sue me, then I will just have to add it on the pile, but I am not going to avoid anyone or hide. I am right here, until and unless it gets to where we cannot afford internet access. And if it gets that bad, it will be really bad because that's how I pay what little bills I can pay now. We just thought 2013 was bad. I wish now we had it back.

I am in a similar situation. I owe a few people here carburetors and or carburetor work. I've not been able to recover from all of the ice storm damage earlier this year. Then I totaled my truck. Then, Kitty lost her job. Then, we fell into foreclosure. Now we are facing bankruptcy. I THINK we may have worked something out on the foreclosure, not 100% sure yet. But we have been barely scraping by. I say all this because unlike the situation with Dan, I am NOT going to disappear. I have answered all emails or phone calls regarding any deals and my customers have been more than understanding. I could not afford to give a refund right now if my life depended on it. If someone wants to get mad and sue me, then I will just have to add it on the pile, but I am not going to avoid anyone or hide. I am right here, until and unless it gets to where we cannot afford internet access. And if it gets that bad, it will be really bad because that's how I pay what little bills I can pay now. We just thought 2013 was bad. I wish now we had it back.

I don't know whats going on with Dan, it must be a financial problem. Like I said before no need for me to be begging to get the hood or money. I PM'ed him before this thread telling him I would really like the hood but He could just refund the money if he preferred. It was his choice I think that was pretty clear. If he was in a bad place I guess I would just appreciate an honest hey dude don't have your money now and can't even afford to ship the hood.

RustyRatRod I think most of us have had difficulties in this new economy some more than others, I know I have. You're open and honest about it probably more than I would be. I respect the fact that you just lay it out there like it is.

I believe it would be so much easier to just either refund the buyer his cash or ship him the parts he has paid for in full. The cost of a damaged reputation weather it be here on FABO or in the public is hardly worth $200.00. Too bad it has come to this.

He lives in the burbs of Detroit. I recognize the area he's talking about. He should be near Hoover, Schoenherr, or Hayes Roads.

My oldest son is in Detroit right now as we type...

The Woodward Dream Cruise is in two weeks. A few members may be able to stop by....

If I knew he was in Warren Mi., I would've already been over there to get the hood and have it shipped!! I'm goin to get on this and get it done! Damn it all!!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back