Flasher location on 71 Scamp...???

-

Beatnik

Reaction score
Ok, so trying to find the flashers for turn signals and hazard lights under my dash on the 71 Scamp, and figured they'd be easy enough to find, but I cant find 'em anywhere! Help! Anyone know where they are? I'm assuming it's probably the same on a Valiant or Dart...

I've looked by the column, under the ashtray, by the glovebox etc...

Thanks!

Mine is right next to the glovebox on my 70 Dart. Should be the same for Scamp. It plugs in to the harnes that runs down the back side of the dash.

Not a very good pic but it should be in with that bundle of wires that runs over to the pass side round where the glovebox is.

Burntorange - That's great thanks! I'll check. Other question though....I too have a couple of those grey 3 prong connectors hanging loose under there I found while hunting around...I figured they were missing a connector but I see yours are too? Are they something else? Just curious...

I think one went to the radio that I took out and the other two went to the heater that I also took out. But it has been so long I am not to sure of that. Could be they were for options our ars never had too.

I think one went to the radio that I took out and the other two went to the heater that I also took out. But it has been so long I am not to sure of that. Could be they were for options our ars never had too.

Your right! My radio is not hooked up, and my heater is gone too...from prev owner. So your memory is correct!

Your right! My radio is not hooked up, and my heater is gone too...from prev owner. So your memory is correct!

I thought thats where they went. Did you find the flasher? I was thinking if it has been removed all you will find is an empty plug where it should go.

Well...havent found my flasher(s) yet. Neither the turn signal flasher or the emegency blinkers flasher...they must be somewhere because both blinkers worked...now my left one is not. When I hit my turn signal lever it just stays on...no blinking. Right side is very slooow to blink. So figure I may as well replace both the turn signal and emegency flashers while I'm at it...but so far I cant find 'em! It's crazy...I'm wondering where they could be. Any other suggestions much appreciated

-
Back