Flat out crazy

-

TinyValiant74

Reaction score
I had this crazy idea after I talked to a contact of mine in Boston. He works for a guy who works for a guy and he tells me that he could get me a crate SRT-10 engine for about 10K. I tell him i'll think about it. My question after much consideration is... Can the SRT-10 engine fit into the bay of my 74 Valiant?

I know it would require a REDICULOUS amount of fabrication and wiring, but i'm just curious. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.

thanks in advance.

Mostly. They were swapped into B and E bodies...You may need to alter the radiator crossmember, and you'll need pusher electric fans..but I think it would go in...

I don't believe a V10 is any longer than a /6, the /6 is six cylinders long and the V10 is 5 1/2 cylinders long. Unless the V10 has some crazy long waterpump I think it is close.

Chuck

The V-10 just doesn't sound right though. I was at Mopars at Thunder Mountain here at Bandimere Speedway last weekend and saw/heard some Vipers and and SRT Rams run. With an aftermarket exhaust, they sound like a bucket of bees.

They are different sounding. I had a '96 Ram with a V10 and everybody that rode in it thought that Dodge made awsome V6's because they couldn't believe the power it had. Then I would let them know it was really a V10 and they couldn't believe that such a large motor could sound so mild.

It must be a firing order thing because I have owned in the past a Ford V10 in a motorhome and it sounded like a V8.

Chuck

hey guys, a couple of years ago there was an article on a 68/69 charger that had a viper v10. In that big B body it mentioned that the firewall was moved back an inch or two as well as the radiato wall moved forward to accomidate the fans. It was black with red stripes and some very large rims that lookedd like they belong on a tuner car.Very sweet set up though. Id def. like to see that happen !

I don't think I ever heard the SRT V10, but specs list them producing 500 HP, with 525 ft/lbs torque,(gulp). My last two trucks were V10's, Dodge & Ford. My latest, the Ford V10, has a nice V8 like exhaust note to it. I always wondered what it would sound like with dual exhaust. Sounds like the V10 swap would be fun to do, if one has the resources. Definitely do some A-body followup if you decide to do it. Howard

-
Back