Flat tappet cam and Roller Lifters?

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the stock roller lifters with a hydraulic flat tappet cam. The reason i ask is I am using a magnum block and the roller cams that comp makes are either a little too tame or will require machining down the valve guides for clearance. The flat tappets are about $175 cheaper too. I guess it wouldnt be the end of the world to go with regular hydraulic lifters if they will work with the taller lifter bores???

Thanks for the help in advance

OMG, this topic again!?!?

Mike, in short, no.. Have the cam custom ground. Call up a cam grinder/company and ask them to create a cam with your idea duration, lift, overlap, etc.......

Me telling Comp how to grind a cam is a scary idea! I may just go with the XR274HR and have the guides shaved a little. I'm pretty sure that this one will give me the powerband and sound that I'm after. The next step down is the XR264HR which seems like it would be a little tame. Thanks for the feedback Rumble.

NOooo, your not telling them how to grind, your telling them, you'd like a cam with more of this and less of that.

Tell'em you don't like the specs. Te iguA lvfew vlwebkj l

what ever. Enjoy

-
Back