Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Well a little over a week ago, I was able to get home and visit family. Dad told me that he had to get his 54 Meteor out of storage as the new owner of the storage is renovating. We decided that it would be best to sell/trade it. Its been in storage for approx 20 years. Prior to being tucked away it ran perfectly, but obviously needs bodywork. Kinda cool seeing it out again, and seeing the cool original brochures. Dad and I are open to offers, I know it needs a lot of work, but the interior is amazing, the mileage is original at 45k and it its a flathead V8!
Also original 6 volt system with + ground. Dad got a new battery and we were able to get it turning over.
Lemme know what you think

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF2072 (Medium).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCF2095 (Medium).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCF2093 (Medium).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCF2090 (Medium).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 457
  • DSCF2089 (Medium).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCF2085 (Medium).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 440
  • DSCF2084 (Medium).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 443
  • DSCF2081 (Medium).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 460
  • DSCF2079 (Medium).jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 451
  • DSCF2075 (Medium).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 427
That thing is really cool!! Good luck with sale/trade. you should have no problems.

Post a price and location before some mod pulls it

Waaoowww!! That thing is bad-asss! I've never seen one! It's obviously just a chromed out ford, but that is really cool! Love that clear dome speedo and the trunk emblem! GLWS!

Thanks guys, the Meteor then was a Canadian only car, thats probably why you havent seen one before. If I had bodywork skills, I would love to take on the project and maybe chop/channel it. Like I said Dad drove it before it got put into storage and it ran/drove great.

PS no price should be needed, its in the "trader" forum.

Cheers
4spdragtop

Waaoowww!! That thing is bad-asss! I've never seen one! It's obviously just a chromed out ford, but that is really cool! Love that clear dome speedo and the trunk emblem! GLWS!

X2, I agree!!! That car should sell no problem, especially in the US....very cool car Steve, good luck :glasses7:

X2, I agree!!! That car should sell no problem, especially in the US....very cool car Steve, good luck :glasses7:

Thanks Keith, I know with everything Dad has going on he isnt up for another project, so it would be nice to help him sell it.

Cheers
Steve

That should be a pretty big flatty. Either a 256 or a 337.

255. The "big" one only came in Lincs (and trucks) so far's I know

that would be a fun car to restore absolutely stock to the last detail ...then dress up like Donna Reed and pretend its early 1955 and your driving your new car around.

can role play something like shopping for a new car in late 1954....there is a lot of fun with a car that old.

Attachments

• 3975723143_6bc98f7549_z.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 368
  • 4957348947_c3436954a9_z.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 378
  • meteor.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 375
255. The "big" one only came in Lincs (and trucks) so far's I know

That's right. It's the Lincoln motor. I always wanted one.....even though they are tough to find performance parts for.

What I really would love is a Lincoln V12 flatty. lol

That's right. It's the Lincoln motor. I always wanted one.....even though they are tough to find performance parts for.

What I really would love is a Lincoln V12 flatty. lol

Here's a lil eye candy for ya Rob:glasses7:
Flathead_V12_Goodness_by_Jetster1.jpg

Goodness gracious alive!! A real Lincoln V-12!! Thanks for the calories, DarTT....

Oh, Rani, I would look mighty funny dressed as Donna Reed! The beard and 40+" waist would spoil the look, I'm afraid

Not being a Ford guy......was the Meteor a Canadian only Ford? I'm surprised it doesn't have a hood ornament.

that actually don't look like a very hard resto ....its hard to tell in the pics but it don't look like the rust spots have gone through ....but rather surface rusted as a result of past body work.

that old metal was really thick so I wouldn't be surprised if there is still enough metal to work with and not be too bad of a project :happy1:

I agree Rani, especially as it was a running/driving complete car. Im going to check out the HAMB to see about posting it there as well.

Steve

I will be back in Ontario in October and am willing to deliver to the border or help in any way possible.

Thanks
Steve

Sorry for the bump, but want to add I will deliver within an agreed distance. This is a complete car and the most costly part will be the body/paint. Im sure if you are a body/paint guy you will not lose on this car.

thanks
4spdragtop

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back