Flex Plate Bolts...

-

DentalDart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So my new converter has bigger bolt holes than my stock converter 7/16 vs 5/16 on the stock. My stock flrx plate is also 5/16 holes. Should I just drill the stock flex plate and buy some grade 8 7/16 bolts to run. Or I found this flex plate, B&M 10235 on marketplace for 80 bucks. Is this 7/16 bolt holes. If so should I run that with the grade 8 bolts I will buy at the store?

20220409_191344.jpg

20220409_191021.jpg

20220409_193300.jpg

20220409_193309.jpg

Screenshot_20220409-190159.jpg

Also... is my transmission dip stick to short? Just the transmission dip stick, I already am aware of my other short dip stick. :rofl:

20220409_133623.jpg

Dipstick length is correct. Your choice on the flex plate. Either way will work.

Thanks! I should probably stay cheap and run my stock plate. Any advantages to running the B&M?
It's a bit meatier. So if you're going to the track a bit, it would take more abuse.

I drilled my stock 5.9 Magnum flex plate for the 7/16" converter bolts. No problem.

Thing about converter bolts is you want ones with a thin head so you don't have any interference issues.

I drilled my stock 5.9 Magnum flex plate for the 7/16" converter bolts. No problem.

Thing about converter bolts is you want ones with a thin head so you don't have any interference issues.

Did you buy specific converter bolts then?

I mean, I have never been to a track but I want to run it in the 1/4 for ***** and giggles...
I think it will be fine with the stock plate....but either will work. Personal preference.

That was your fault. lol

45lbs... none of the other bolts stripped. My 340 is a 68, is that a steel crank? I mean my old converter is neutral balanced. The 10235 should work right? The guy who has it said "you realize this is for a 73 cast crank, and I'm not sure it will work for your steel crank."

Converter to flexplate bolts are not just hardware store bolts. You need the ones with the thin head to prevent them from hitting the block, especially at high rpm when the converter balloons a bit.

45lbs... none of the other bolts stripped. My 340 is a 68, is that a steel crank? I mean my old converter is neutral balanced. The 10235 should work right? The guy who has it said "you realize this is for a 73 cast crank, and I'm not sure it will work for your steel crank."
He's correct. It will not work with an internally balanced engine. Well.....it will but it will shake like hell. lol

Converter to flexplate bolts are not just hardware store bolts. You need the ones with the thin head to prevent them from hitting the block, especially at high rpm when the converter balloons a bit.

Ill see if I can find some converter bolts at the local stores...

I should have mentioned that I got mine through ATI when I got the 8" converter. Others have them too but these worked well.

I'm sure that not being allowed to complain for a month won't have any adverse effects on the home front.....

-
Back