Flex plate issue??

-

meathead66

Mod Top
Reaction score
By chance does anyone have a picture of the rear flange of a steel 383 crank cause I swear mine is off. The flex plate isn't close to fitting its the PRW 1844010 from Mancini. The crank is in a 400 stroked to 406 by using the 383 steel one, however I don't think that would be an issue.
Besides they should all be the same correct? Here's a pic of mine.

IMG_1387.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

I know it fits that way but why would they put this label on it? I'm already in a state of paranoia with this build being it's my 1st go around.

IMG_1392.JPG

Hey Max1196 was just driving thru your town this summer on my way up to Dore Lake for my annual month long fishing trip. You sure got God's country up there. Anyways my main issue was yes hole/bolt placement but all is good if its ok to flip it even though I'm going against convention. Thanks guys.

The same reason I have a 400 chevy small block main girdle boxed as a 350 and stamped as a 351 ford girdle from this company! A 7 year old china girl packs and labels the stuff.

Try a mock up run with the convertor bolted to the plate as well to make sure the convertor bolts clear.

Dore Lake, that's up there, your in the trees, you had to have flown in.

After seeing those pictures Joe it's no wonder there are so many bolts hitting issues all the time. Most certainly will do a mock up 1st. Are thinner headed bolts available?

I know it fits that way but why would they put this label on it? I'm already in a state of paranoia with this build being it's my 1st go around.

View attachment 1715045728
Had the Chinese stamped the hub hole like the oem one, they wouldn't need the sticker, and it would be obvious which way it faces. It's good that somebody makes this stuff, but doesn't anybody make stuff they could be proud of anymore?

bring back pittsburg,@##$% all this outsourcing of products.put america back to work.oops me venting again on overseas junk

-
Back