Flex Plate

-

rackets351

Reaction score
Can anyone put me in the direction for a counter balanced flex plate with a ring gear for a 73 360 LA block? Not interested in the B&M products.

Can anyone put me in the direction for a counter balanced flex plate with a ring gear for a 73 360 LA block? Not interested in the B&M products.
The ring gear is on the torque converter on Mopars.

Right, but that's not what I am looking for, I need a flex plate that is counter balanced for the 360 with a ring gear,

360 counter weight plate for neutral balance flywheels and torque converters.

Screenshot_20230302-122749_Gallery.jpg

On my engine run stand engine now as we speak.

Screenshot_20230302-122740_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

You are trying to find something that doesn't exist.

I never saw any flex plates with a ring gear attached as you described for any LA small block. Also I have never saw a counter balance flex plate made by any other company then B&M. The counter weight pictured above is made by Quick Time.

The part your looking for must be custom made for a custom project. What are you trying to do as far as fitting what trans to a 360?

Here is a LA mopar to a powerglide. but you will have to use the Quick time balance plate with it for a 360

s-l1600.png

360 counter weight plate for neutral balance flywheels and torque converters.
Didnt know such an animal existed. Would you have to space the trans back, like with a mid plate is you are running an automatic??

You had other threads about this last year. Did you call that Wilcap place you were referred to? I don't know if they are still around.
You also asked about torque converter weight kits. Is that not an option for you at this point?

I know ATI offers flex plates for GM trans conversions, but I think they are only offered in neutral balance like @Oldmanmopar said in his post.

Didnt know such an animal existed. Would you have to space the trans back, like with a mid plate is you are running an automatic??

Only moves "Your" ring gear back 1/8". Most torque converters have wiggle room to get it together.

As long as your torque converter does not bottom out in the front trans pump or the trans front seal, and will spin freely before you bolt together your ring gear and torque converter.

☆☆☆☆☆

Kwigtx, I didn't want to know about it because I have one, it's a little hard to make work with a TCI flex plate.

Kwigtx, I didn't want to know about it because I have one, it's a little hard to make work with a TCI flex plate.
Someone must understand what this guy's whole combo is, but it sure ain't me lol.
Is there a link to his previous thread??

Someone must understand what this guy's whole combo is, but it sure ain't me lol.
Is there a link to his previous thread??
No...we're supposed to guess the combo and figure what he needs from there......you know how it goes - no pictures and a vague description means a perfect solution. :rolleyes:

He is putting a GM 400 turbojet behind a Mopar 360 and wants to crank it with a mini starter and somebody else's 130 tooth ring gear. Then he wants it all to balance up with bolt on parts and no vibrations.

Screenshot_20230306-005240_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Hypothetical ^^^ I am guessing that this is what he is building based on the info we have available to us.

☆☆☆☆☆

Dam, if Rusty Rat Rods cats wouldn’t have knocked his crystal ball off the table and broke it into a million pieces we would know everything instead of nothing. Kim

I think he bought the flex plate that was in the for sale ads. Leaving us to believe his first post he was t interested in a b&m plate. Lol

-
Back