Flexplate Help needed

-

1967 GT Vert

Reaction score
Ok was hearing a ticking sound in park and neutral only and yep crack in the flexplate on my 1967 Dart GT Convertible Slant 6.

Here is my question. Can I use a later flexplate (68 up) on my 1967 904 and 1967 slant 6 if I use the bushing to reduce the register diameter?

Ok was hearing a ticking sound in park and neutral only and yep crack in the flexplate on my 1967 Dart GT Convertible Slant 6.

Here is my question. Can I use a later flexplate (68 up) on my 1967 904 and 1967 slant 6 if I use the bushing to reduce the register diameter?
I believe the flex plate locates outside of the crankshaft register for the torque converter. Been a while since I worked on a /6 but I'm positive that's how it is on a small block! 65'

I believe the flex plate locates outside of the crankshaft register for the torque converter. Been a while since I worked on a /6 but I'm positive that's how it is on a small block! 65'
I am getting the right flexplate from a FABO member but I am thinking for future reference the later (68 and up with larger register) flexplate should be able to be used on the 1967 down application which has a smaller register for torque converter. The size of the register should not make a difference in this application as the flexplate to crank holes are the same, as is the torque converter bolt up. As long as the nose of the torque converter fits into the crank properly, small torque into small crank, it should be ok to use.

Has anyone done this?

-
Back