Flip top gas cap differences?

-

swinger74

Reaction score
Hello, i have the flip top gas cap adapter and what i though was a 67-69 barracuda gas cap but when i have it against my car there is a large gap between the body and cap nothing like the pictures of the ones i've seen installed. Is there a cap that works better?

Car body is a 74 swinger

Thanks
Ryan

Yup, gonna need a picture. Pretty sure they all have the same stand off, the bolt pattern was different on some of them but I have caps from barracudas and chargers and I’m pretty sure they all stick out the same amount.

Mines off right now if it helps.
PN 2823339..........

upload_2018-3-30_17-11-46.png

upload_2018-3-30_17-12-15.png

I used a reproduction "FUEL" cap for/from a 1969 Dodge Charger (purchased off ebay) on my '71 Dart GT with one of the adapters from FABO member 4mulaSvaliant.

Sorry for the delay, but attached are the pictures. Thoughts?

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

All of mine have the same base, meaning, they'd all stick out the same amount. I have both Barracuda and Charger caps, they all have the base with #2823339 (probably can't read it in the size of picture I posted, it's the same # I swear).

This is the one on my car, it's off of a Charger, has the "fuel" lettering. The other thing to look at is they need to stick out some, I marked the release lever gap with a red arrow. There has to be a small gap there, otherwise you can't release the cap.
IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5102.jpg

-
Back