Floor shift column

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
I need a 4 speed column or column cover for my 67 Dart. Do they make just a cover to convert my column shift to a non column shift or do I have to replace the whole column? If so where can I find parts?

Thanks

Dustin

No one offers the collar you need. There are threads here with pictures showing results of hacksaw and quick metal conversions. Sorry I dont have the links or search terms needed.

I need a 4 speed column or column cover for my 67 Dart. Do they make just a cover to convert my column shift to a non column shift or do I have to replace the whole column? If so where can I find parts?

Thanks

Dustin

Yeah I did a quick search with little luck before I made the post. I'll keep an eye out for a floor shift column I guess until I absolutely need to finish it up, and I'll go to the self conversion I suppose.

When used floor shift columns do appear the differences come into play. Power steering or manual, key cylinder on it or not, bearings rusted away.
Again, good luck

So now you may be interested in a product called Magnum Steel or something like that found at Lowes. Workable sort of like Playdoh :)

So now you may be interested in a product called Magnum Steel or something like that found at Lowes. Workable sort of like Playdoh :)

Haha yeah I'm familiar with it. It's a two part deal you mash together. We'll see what I can come up with. I'll post results.

Thanks again.

-
Back