Floor wire covers any alternatives.

-

spankster

Reaction score
That is a lot of $ for a small piece of sheet metal. I would make my own out of sheet metal and call it a day.

Their sheet metal only provided more sharp edges. Basic vinyl split loom probably wouldn't cause a noticeable bump in the carpet along there. The stuff costs to much though. I get it from parts yards.

Last edited:
My covers were bent and when doing reseal on floor board, it was easier to remove these. You van by repops from AMD Jegs but question for group has anybody used an alternative material? I was thinking some high density foam and contour to inside rocker to the floorboard. Here’s the parts in question. Auto Metal Direct 442-1466-S: Floor Wiring Cover 1966-1970 Mopar B-Body | JEGS

I would make my own. You will never see it once the carpet and door sill extensions are re-installed. Even at a Concours judged show, no Judge is going to take all of this apart to check for proper floor wiring covers!!

I used this stuff. I know its not metal but tucked up next to the sill plate good.
CAFT34.jpg

I got some flashing from the hardware store, snipped it where the wires needed to go and folded it over. I put some tape on it just because. You need something here to support the carpet, I don't think the carpet will do well over time without it.
2016-03-19_002.jpg

2016-03-19_005.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
Thanks. That’s a great idea. I agree, I think needs something for carpet and that bevel between the floor and the inner rocker for the finished look and support.

-
Back