florida cuda guy

-
Welcome Lou from Lake Wales!!!! and you are right there seems to be a shortage around here. My family go to a place close to Orlando called 'Old Town' for the Saturday night car cruise almost every other weekend. This last weekend there were 234 cars and only 3 to 4 barracudas and even a small amount of mopars. I think all of us in the area should bombard the place one weekend and put us Mopar fans on the map.

By any means,,,welcome to the site!!

Sorry again for a double post but ,,,,yellow68runner, where did you get your rims and tires? I am looking for a set for my 65' Cuda. And to everyone that has welcomed me today,,

Yep that sounds like a great idea, but wait what are we going to use for bait to get those guys that leave their cars in the garage except on special occations to come out and join us. We have folks that go to old town and plant city i've never gone matter of fact i was born and raised in st pete fla. and never been to daytona, been around the world more than once thanks to the U.S.A.F. but never daytona.We have built 8 cars since 1988 and only go to local shows never long distance. Going to start after cuda gets a facelift.

Whats in Plant city? Me and the boss grew up in polk county. Granted I spent a few years moving around with my dad who was a steel painter and a couple in Indiana. But no matter what you always come home!
Showing brotherhood in our passion for mopar should be enough bait. LOL

Plant city has a cruise in once a month kinda like old town ,so does dade city. We have a cruise in at checkers/boston market every friday just north of tampa road right on U.S. 19 in Palm Harbor from 5:30 till 9:00 pm. We get about 45-50 cars normally there have been up to 80+ some nights. Not many mopars there are about 5 of us that are there every fri. Oldsmar flea market has a cruise in 4th sunday of every month free sign in free burger,fries,drink for driver and door prizes[ this one has been going for over a year they have given away electric fender guitar more than a few times] good time had by all. Don't have to have a beautiful show car to attend i'm a turd in a punch bowl at some of these shows but i go to have fun and talk to folks and be unique. I'm one of two 66 cudas in my area that are on the road attending this stuff. Any one that has time stop by and say hello on fri. find the 66 and you found the grumpy redneck. We need more mopars.

I may have to check those places out. I really had no clue that they were around. Old Town is my favorite Saturday night hang out. We are only about 30 to 40 mins south of there. I like the cars and the boss likes the shops. So its a win win deal!

"find the 66 and you found the grumpy redneck" sounds like we are playing foxhunt.

Tonight is checkers and this sunday is oldsmar my wife goes to that one. We just hangout and talk n cutup. Look at cars and the scenery. No hunting required just like in school i'm in the back row.The only 66 in the lot.

This weekend is shot on a honey-do list but will really have to meet sometime. Cutin' Up is what I do best. Guess that is what happens when you attend a Polk County school.

I fixed the honey do list problem she wanted the master bath redone 7 years later i finished it[ Built 2 cars in that time] hasn't asked for anything since. Shows where my priorites are. Can't understand why she didn't speak to me for awhile. Back then she went to all the cruises i went to but we were drinkin then, i guess she got burnt out only goes when shoppings involved.Love my wife to death bless her heart would not have what i have if it were not for her [pain, misery,aggrivation,ect just kidding]. She still thinks my car is ugly and can't understand why i bought it. But she said i can't paint it till she signs off on the color imagine that.

-
Back