Florida Mopar Car show

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
May 26-27, 2023 in Ocala, Florida, Near the Don Garlits Museum. This is the show that was in November and has been moved to May.

Screenshot_20230510-205942_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

AKA the horse park show.

My have to load up and go see my folks! Would like to see your car @Jobbob!

Short notice But may be do-able!

I'll probably be there, but not with my car. Truck is not running, and car is not a street driver. Any one want to meet up with me, I'll be Wareing a "slant Six "T" shirt. Or send me a message and I'll send you my cell number.

Glad FMA took the high road on this and changed the date. Hope this takes off and one day gets Carlisle big. Looking forward to a great show. See ya there!

Glad FMA took the high road on this and changed the date. Hope this takes off and one day gets Carlisle big. Looking forward to a great show. See ya there!

Carlisle has two events in Lakeland.

IIRC the February one is much larger of the two.

Carlisle has two events in Lakeland.

IIRC the February one is much larger of the two.
I've seen those advertised. I think one auction and one show (all makes). Haven't been to them. How are they?

Not uncommon to be above 90% humidity, which can be crushing/debilitating.

In fact a few lucky days can even be 100% humidity and NOT be raining.

That's just crazy.

OK, folks. Who went, and what did you think of the show? Who didn't go (but thought about going) and why not?
I went (I'm local to the show) with my car. Thought it was kind of sparse, compared to when it was the combined show, with Garlits. Though about the same as last fall. I was hoping there would be a better turnout, since to two shows were no longer on back-to-back weekends.

OK, folks. Who went, and what did you think of the show? Who didn't go (but thought about going) and why not?
I went (I'm local to the show) with my car. Thought it was kind of sparse, compared to when it was the combined show, with Garlits. Though about the same as last fall. I was hoping there would be a better turnout, since to two shows were no longer on back-to-back weekends.
I towed my’64 Signet down from Atlanta for the show. I’m glad that the organizers changed the date so as not to compete with the November Garlits show. I thought that it was a good mix of cars, although the number of cars was a little disappointing. What was noticeable to me was the absence of the Big Easy Mopar family due to one of their own dealing with serious illness. Also Herb Mcandless was not there. It just seemed to me to be lacking personality, the show had more of a cruise in vibe than a show. I’ll be coming back in November for the Garlits show which I’ve always found to be more entertaining thanks to Jim Marone’s efforts. Also the Garlits location has more to offer. Hopefully the Garlits turnout will be better than the last couple of years.

58DCD979-20BC-4FF3-AD2A-770F1A79360D.jpeg

-
Back