Flower print on my decklid

-

dodgem383

Reaction score
Dont have my pictures up yet,but my 65 Dart has a flower print on back where filler panel is usually on trunk lid.I ve seen and felt "mod tops" on Dusters and that is what it kinda looks like,anyone from the old days ever seen annother 65 with this on it? Ill have pics up soon. Dont know if original or some "neat" design from the sixties "flower power".Car was drag raced at sometime in its life.

I can think of 2 tihngs. It is ethier;

1. A mod top. This was a thing you ordered for the car. The top has all sorts of flowers all over the place.

2. Some hippie put some flowers on the car and there still there.

WOW! Only a 2 year option for the mod top. Good to know.

WOW! Only a 2 year option for the mod top. Good to know.

Yep, and look around at what it would cost to restore a Mod top, the material is in very very short supply and extremely expensive, here I have a pic of a mod top from Carlisle last year...

Carlisle 015-1.JPG

Carlisle 016-1.JPG

There is 1969 Dart 340 forest like green in colour with the mod top where I live (Barrie ontario). Only car I have ever seen in person with this option.

As i said it is on the back of trunk not on top of car. Just looks and feels like a "mod top" material.Pics will b up tonight,think its a "hippie sticker".Some ol lady bought car originally then some guy came back from vietnam and bought from her,drove and drag raced car till 1972,blew 273 and parked, has sat outside storage since then.

-
Back