Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers

-

Kegan B

Reaction score
Anyone running them with a SB? Any Pros/Cons on them? I'm sure they will have the usual drone of most Flowmasters but I am used to it.

Thanks, Kegan.

I have had them on two small blocks and I think they sound good. Like you I am used to the drone

Are you running a H or X-pipe? I have heard this cuts down on the droning sound.

Are you running a H or X-pipe? I have heard this cuts down on the droning sound.
Flowmaster Scavenger X pipe. Its a 2.5" header back kit from Flowmaster.

They are a little aggresive sounding, but I like them.
I'm running a stock bottom end 318 with Edelbrock intake and carb, and 1 5/8 long tube with 3" collectors and 2.5 X piped exiting in front of the rear tires.

Of course the exhaust is way overkill for a stock 318, but it isn't always going to be a 318. :-D

My small block!!![ame="http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/lou3500/media/cudaexhaustsound_zpscbf913da.mp4.html"]Cuda Exhaust Sound Video by lou3500 | Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/lou3500/bth_cudaexhaustsound_zpscbf913da.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@1138.photobucket.com/albums/n522/lou3500/bth_cudaexhaustsound_zpscbf913da.mp4[/ame]

Magnaflow Magnapacks!!!!!

If you can't hear em they ain't worth havin!!!!!

Keegan, when I get my dash back in next week I will get you a sound clip. I'm running them on my Duster

They are a little aggresive sounding, but I like them.
I'm running a stock bottom end 318 with Edelbrock intake and carb, and 1 5/8 long tube with 3" collectors and 2.5 X piped exiting in front of the rear tires.

Of course the exhaust is way overkill for a stock 318, but it isn't always going to be a 318. :-D
same as me. '74 long block, 340 cam, performer rpm intake and 600 eddy. '68 340 on the engine stand waiting.

Here is Flowmasters "commercial" on the kit I am looking at. [ame]http://youtu.be/wJlsVIM3mR4[/ame]

Anybody use the Flowmaster Pro Series yet? They sound good in the video but in real life who knows. Big $$$ though and over my budget. Maybe when someone copies them. lol

I run them Kegan. I had the 10 series and they did nothing. Loud and they rapped at low speeds. I went to full 3" rolled exhaust, an H pipe and Flowmaster 40's. I like the sound, though I might like it a little louder. I am planning some electric cutouts one of these years as well.

I run them Kegan. I had the 10 series and they did nothing. Loud and they rapped at low speeds. I went to full 3" rolled exhaust, an H pipe and Flowmaster 40's. I like the sound, though I might like it a little louder. I am planning some electric cutouts one of these years as well.
Glad to hear they won't be to terrible. Flowmaster has a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust kit for headers back using 2.5" in/out Super 40s I found a site they has them for less than the Flowmaster site so I was considering a kit to put onto my '74 Scamp and use a set of Dougs D453s. Might get Dougs cut outs later on down the road.

Got 40's on my 318 6pack in the Fury. At 30-ish mph in the neighborhood, the drone is a bit much. I've got 2.5" all the way back with no x or h pipe. Then again, everything is louder when you're topless.... Been on there for 10 years, tho - other than the drone, I love the sound.

Anyone running them with a SB? Any Pros/Cons on them? I'm sure they will have the usual drone of most Flowmasters but I am used to it.

Thanks, Kegan.

I have them on my completely stock 113,000 mile '71 Dart GT. 318, 2-bbl, automatic, 3.23:1 8 3/4 SG, factory manifolds with 40s and 2 1/4" pipes to the rear bumper.
Yes it drones at certain RPMs, but I don't drive it everyday. If it was a daily driver it might get on my nerves, but as my ice cream parlor cruiser it's great.

My buddy has the 40's on his B'cuda street car with complete TTI 3" system w/x-pipe and tailpipes behind a 420" smallblock . Sounds good..but it's LOUD. He leaves my house and I can hear him for MILES!!!! I have 50's on mine with the same system and a 470" BB and mine is much quieter.

I'd argue the loud part. I had glasspacks on my 318 with 2 1/2" exhaust. That was loud. I had Flowmaster 10 series on my 408 with 2 1/2" exhaust. That was loud. Now I have Flowmaster 40's on my 408 with true 3" and an H pipe and I don't think it's loud enough. When I was at the track I asked my buddies if it sounded mean. Their response? Meh!

i use them and i like them
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVIt-c2kfiA"]plymouth duster running - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92UEktwNxE"]1972 plymouth duster - YouTube[/ame]

these are before the tips are on

I'm not a fan of flowmaster mufflers, but your car sounds pretty damn good !! And very nice ride as well !

thank u this was early on
i have changed
radiator
grill
put tips on it
and eletric cut outs

thank u this was early on
i have changed
radiator
grill
put tips on it
and eletric cut outs

What tips did you go with ? I wasn't to pleased with the TTI "factory" looking tips, so I bought a set of accurate ltd correct tips in 2/12". Had to cut some off of the TTI tailpipe, but looks much better I think !

Duster sounds and looks Great! I've decided to go with Dougs D453s, 2 1/2" pipes out the back with Super 40s, Tips will be '71 B-body "Machine Gun" units.

-
Back