Flowtech headers=dummy me!

-

dartjack

Reaction score
Ordered a set of Flowtechs today. Website was vague about fit except the fit everything fdrom 67 to76. Went to Flowtech website right AFTER ordering. They fit only A bodies without power steering.:eek:ops: Is it me or did most V8 A bodies come WITH power steering? Why make parts that fit the minority of applications?:angry5:

Has anyone tried them with power steering? If not I'll post the results here-Video at 11:00.

Rant over: I'm leaving for Carlisle in the am. I'll be the big dude with a gray beard and straw hat. Stop me and tout with sage advice about not buying TTI's. I'm a big boy I can take it. I will admit my mistakes.

Happy 4th all!!!!

Ordered a set of Flowtechs today. Website was vague about fit except the fit everything fdrom 67 to76. Went to Flowtech website right AFTER ordering. They fit only A bodies without power steering.:eek:ops: Is it me or did most V8 A bodies come WITH power steering? Why make parts that fit the minority of applications?:angry5:

Has anyone tried them with power steering? If not I'll post the results here-Video at 11:00.

Rant over: I'm leaving for Carlisle in the am. I'll be the big dude with a gray beard and straw hat. Stop me and tout with sage advice about not buying TTI's. I'm a big boy I can take it. I will admit my mistakes.

Happy 4th all!!!!

it was an option to have power steering for the most part, I love it and wouldn't do without it; others feel the opposite

I put a set on my 340 demon with power steering, was a nightmare! Had to remove the steering box, undo both motor mounts, undo the tranny mount, I sure there was probably more they hang really low I clearanced them often with 4 people in the car. On the street, speed bumps, and let's not talk about freeway driving. But this was when I was 18yrs old and full of energy. I wanted to take them off but couldn't see myself going thru the nightmare if messing with these things anymore. Well needless to say almost 2 years ago I took them out, it was easy. I had my little friend the sawall solve the problem.

Yes they will fit if you don't mind a little hammer fitting.There is a member here selling a set here you can see what he did to make them fit. If you take your time and do it right you can't even notice it. But it's up to you!!!!!

Thanks for the replies. Anyone got some pics of PS and headers? Up close and personal with PS box.

Thanks again.

Had a set of Flowtechs on a 68 Dart.Absolute fiasco to install.Unfortunately,no p/s.

Flowtechs and power steering in my '69 Valiant 318.
I invented some new swear words!
They are coming out and stock exhaust manifolds are going back on.

Attachments

• 20110915_109.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 20110915_110.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 361
  • 20110915_108.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 398
Thanks. Those are the pictures I'e been looking for. Got a "maybe" plan for a little more clearance. I'll post pics when bolt up time comes.

-
Back