Flush handles for the missile

-

blue missile

Reaction score
This gets me closer to being ready for filler and epoxy primer.
These are handles off of a forerunner. I like the flush look on the high end cars so these are mine.
first couple of pics are the formed sheet metal and the handles mounted in them,
The next are of the cups or recesses for the handles then they are installed and finally primed. Yes they will need a LITTLE filler, no sheet metal warped, go figure
Andrew

sheetmetal 1.jpg

sheetmetal 2.jpg

handel attached 1.jpg

back of mechanisim.jpg

cup in door.jpg

handel installed.jpg

side of car with new handle.jpg

handles in cups.jpg

It works exactly like the original, I just have to bend new rods.It has the same throw as the original.
Andrew

Andrew, At this point I'm not surprised at anything you post, meaning that I know it'll be impressive! You do, however, never cease to amaze. The handles are freakin cool.
I was mulling over the idea of putting the vette handles on my duster but in the end it was just a thought and never made it into the "finished" project. You do some fine work. It will be one of a kind. I always lurk in your threads and can't wait to see it done. :cheers:

Nice touch to make it yours. Looks very good and something you won't see on every vehicle. Good craftsmanship too.

looks very nice, can hardly wait to see the final product of that vision you have in your head. keep up the good work

8Barrel,
I happen to agree they would look cool chromed and that actually is possible because the handles themselves are made out of metal. But since there will not be a single piece of chrome on the car that wouldn't go here.
Thanks for the compliments, next are the high tech door locks and the side markers off of a BMW:-D
Andrew

Quick post,
I bent new longer connecting rods for the handles and they work flawlessly.
Andrew

Andrew -- Love the handles. I see you said you got them off a forerunner? What year etc, I was looking to see how they looked on the donor vehicle. great work!!! Thanks Derek

-
Back