FM3 Pink Duster

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Does anybody on here have one? I am thinking about that color for my car. I know "but it's pink" well I like the color and you don't see it to much plus my wife likes it. And anything to get my wife on board with the whole idea of building a car, she can't see why I want a car so I can replace everything on it. I figure since nothing on my car is original why not build it the way I would have ordered it new. So what is your opinion?

do it with matte black trim would be one of a kind and bada** rare colors are what makes the ride .... other wise you just have the same as someone else

I love that color on a Duster...seen them on the FABO before....someone will post....Love the High Impact colors.

Just remember...hard color to resell...

Aoha!

I know everybody says it but I am gonna keep this car forever and when my little girl gets old enough if she wants it she can have it.

i think do it a pink duster will look cool never seen one of those before its all up to you if you want it pink then pink it is i personaly think it will looks nice here are some pics for ya to get an idea pink dusta.jpg

pink dusta 2.jpg

pink dusta 3.jpg

pink dusta.jpg

pink dusta 2.jpg

pink dusta 3.jpg

do it with matte black trim would be one of a kind and bada** rare colors are what makes the ride .... other wise you just have the same as someone else

Yeah I am looking for direction in my build, I am thinking about a matte black Six Pack hood, the rest of the body all stock, 10.5 rear tire, 8 3/4 (already got one in it) and a 360/auto. Gonna keep the interior all stock ( black buckets and console), factory power steering, power brakes and A/C and I already got disc brakes from a 74 Duster.

I agree the matte black trim would break the pink up just right

nope, I think it ended in spring of '71. From what I remember HIP colors were offered each spring to try and boost sales before the end of the fiscal year.
Really though, we're the only ones who'll know :-D I'm painting my '72 Scamp FM3 by March of next year.

Hey dusted72, pink is a cool color; plus you have your wifes` go ahead! I too have a pink car; its a factory FM3 70 RR with white int. God bless you`ll. Wayne

I have both an original FM3 '70 Duster and a FM3 '70 Dart. They are both /6 at the moment, but when they are done they 'll both be 340 4 speed with ralley dashes. The intent is to build clone cars which is perhaps boring to some, but I've never done it before, so I'm good with it. Just doing the parts collection thing at present, which as everybody knows, takes forever and a day. Hopefully the Dart will be in the bodyshop this winter. The Duster will take a little more work , as it has more rust than I'd like.
Daryl

-
Back