-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
Nice pair of FMJ spindles with caliper mounts. Off a west Texas 84 Dodge Diplomat. Perfect for A body disc brake swaps. Spindle nuts, thrust washers, and castle nuts are included. Also threaded in and included are the bolts for the dust shields and caliper attachment. Asking $175 plus $20 shipping anywhere in the 50 states. Located in west Texas. I accept paypal.

20181125_055950.jpg

20181125_060024.jpg

Last edited:
No, these fit single piston later style calipers, and use BBP 73 up A body and FMJ body rotors up to 1989. Same rotor. Also uses M body calipers that have a single 2.75" diameter piston, and will also accept A body single piston calipers with a 2.60" diameter piston.

I feel this is the way to go unless your doing a full resto. The bearings, seals, rotors, pads, calipers, and hardware are pretty inexpensive for this swap. Rock auto has all of it. I even bought raybestos severe duty pads for mine on closeout for $12. You use 73-76 A body disc brake hoses to run these calipers.

No, these fit single piston later style calipers, and use BBP 73 up A body and FMJ body rotors up to 1989. Same rotor. Also uses M body calipers that have a single 2.75" diameter piston, and will also accept A body single piston calipers with a 2.60" diameter piston.

I feel this is the way to go unless your doing a full resto. The bearings, seals, rotors, pads, calipers, and hardware are pretty inexpensive for this swap. Rock auto has all of it. I even bought raybestos severe duty pads for mine on closeout for $12. You use 73-76 A body disc brake hoses to run these calipers.
I have Kelsey Hayes calipers just purchased thanks for the info

73-76 A body and 76-89 FMJ body 10.8 diameter. These are all the same rotor , bearing , seal part numbers from 73 to 89, also same brake pad and hardware part numbers from 73 to 89.

Caliper part numbers change depending on year and application, but all fit from 73 to 89. M body being the better caliper to get because its more plentiful, and has the largest bore size of all of them at 2.75" diameter.

Dust shields are the same part number 73-89 A,B,E, and FMJ no matter the rotor size. The smaller 10.8" rotor the shield will stick out past it about 1/2" this is actually normal on 73-76 A body and FMJ body cars.. The 11.8" B body rotor, the dust shield will be even with its edge.

The 78-79 B body caliper brackets will also bolt onto these spindles. You need to use the longer bolts that come with the B body caliper brackets to do that. If you use 78-79 B body caliper brackets it allows you to use the larger 78-79 B body 11.8" diameter rotor on them. Same bearing, seal , and brake pad part numbers as A , and FMJ body from 73-89 as well.

I have this setup for both cudas because of the BBP , and more common parts availability.

Hope this helps
Matt

Last edited:
“You hope that helps?”

Hell, your my new go to guy. I can’t remember this **** anymore! LMAO! Dang! YES! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back