For anyone who has used Schumacher Kits... Questions?!?!

-

myasylum

Reaction score
I have never done this before, so I am rather the Green horn. So if someone could guide me that would be great. I tried to use the instructions, but it was still hard for me to make sure they were even on each side. I was REALLY nervous and didn't feel to comfortable doing this.
If it is off a little will these mounts still work? Do the have to be just perfect? Do you set the engine in as kind of a mock set up to make sure it's straight? If it's not straight Is there room to maybe make the holes a bit bigger or something or would I just be screwed.
Here is some pictures. I think I am done, and I hope it is right! EEK!

Thanks!

enginemount1.JPG

DSC01211.JPeenginemount2.jpg

tiring to install a 360 with a Schumacher Kit.
Is there any room for error at all, does it have to be just perfect? I think I'm off a bit?

Go ahead and put your engine in. Make sure the trans is mounted also, so that you can tell if everything is lined up right. If you have to hog a hole out a little bit, that's ok. Remember that these cars were not built perfect in the first place.
I haven't used Shumachers small block mounts yet, but I have used their slant six to rb mounts and found them to be right on the money. I think if you relax and go with the flow, you will be just fine.
Once you are satisfied that everything is in line, then pull the motor again so you can paint the bare metal areas to prevent rust. Or detail things as you see fit. I always get the mechanicals right first, and then do the cosmetic work.

-
Back