? for cudachick

-
Hey sorry haven't been back had bad week at work truck broke down and other s@#t. Thanks for the info and thanks for looking Leanne. I'm in the middle of putting this motor back together and need the timing cover. Did this to a 78 Honda 750 that i did years ago they were ok for a couple of years. cold storage they oxidized and had to use metal polish on them. Was looking for yes or no this will work or no your whatever. they are blotchy so the best I can do is use metal polish or paint them and see. Thanks everyone. That went very hi tec but still appreciated.
Thanks Jeff

Ok I'm not going to say anything since cudamark has...

LOL! Nice Avatar. LOL! Where ya find him at?

Lilhows, good luck with the build and have fun. Let us know how it goes and what your doin.

I'm in the middle of putting this motor back together and need the timing cover.
Did this to a 78 Honda 750 that i did years ago they were ok for a couple of years.
Cold storage they oxidized and had to use metal polish on them.
They are blotchy so the best I can do is use metal polish or paint them and see.
Thanks everyone.
That went very hi tec but still appreciated.

Thanks Jeff

Hey Jeff,

My last suggestion was both "Low Dollar" & " Low Tech"

Several coats of paste wax.

PS: That would have worked on your Honda as well.

To stop things from oxidizing you have to stop oxygen, and things containing oxygen,(water), from reaching the surface.

If you don't have a lot of time, want to keep cost down, and want a process you can do at home.........................

It's worth considering.

-
Back