For Old Train and Old Truck Enthusiasts

-

SpikeWills69

Live Free or Die
Reaction score
I you love old trains and vintage trucks, you will enjoy this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK2ZwYikMhQ"]Heavy Haul Trucks move Edaville RR equipment from Mansfield to Ward Hill,Ma 09/19/1993 - YouTube[/ame]

More for the train buffs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQXAZ5Mh-0&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]Green Mountain RS1 with Snowplow 02/01/1990 - YouTube[/ame]

That is really cool. I don't think there was a truck in that bunch over 1965. That looked like 3' narrow gauge stuff too.

those where both cool vids! i like the older trucks pulling the old trail history pulling history!

Thanks for posting the Edaville move. I remember watching it go by and taking pictures. There was about 20 to 30 people standing on the overpass by our house, a car pulls up and asks, what's going on? One of the neighbors replies, nothing we do this every Sunday!

Thanks for posting the Edaville move. I remember watching it go by and taking pictures. There was about 20 to 30 people standing on the overpass by our house, a car pulls up and asks, what's going on? One of the neighbors replies, nothing we do this every Sunday!

The "every Sunday" comment is hilarious!

I was impressed with the vintage equipment, but also the scope of the whole thing. It seemed pretty huge.

Great eye Rob! I didn't know you were a train enthusiast.

I've been model railroading as long as I've been, messin with cars. Narrow gauge is all I model.

You know, the more thought I give this here is what I come up with. Whoever owns all that railroad equipment has some DEEP pockets. They obviously wanted all their antique railroad equipment hauled by equally antique trucks. I find that really cool.

I'm a car guy but a closeted train enthusiast.....

Nah, I've been into model railroading since I was like 3 and I got alot of Santa Fe stuff in HO. I have a EMD FT in "Warbonnet" fetish.

Want some more HO stuff? I think I have some around here somewhere. It's good for bashing into On30, but that was too small for my caveman hands so I had to go to Fn3.

There's a Mack B61 down here I see a lot. All chromed up with a sleeper cab.

I think it's someones daily owner/operator!

Saw a 70's Transtar the other day. I remember when those were as thick as love bugs.

There's a short line RR down here that operates a fleet of mostly CF-7s (1940s and 50's vintage F7s, converted to hood units by the SF), and a couple of GP-18s.

Cool stuff. I love anything old and mechanical, cars, trucks, trains, farm equipment, construction equipment, you name it.

My grandfather worked at the Electromotive plant in suburban Chicago, they held an open house in Oct. 62 to commemorate the 25,000th locomotive built and he took me, my brother and my cousin to see it.

We spent all day walking around looking at anything we were allowed to,
even out back where all the old trade-in units were sitting.

Awesome thing to see for a little kid who loved that stuff. A very special memory. The 25,000th engine was a GP30 for the L & N railroad.

I have this video and love it. All the railroad equipment was originally from Maine. I had rode it at Edaville several times at their Christmas Festival and always had a fun time. What's interesting is that some of the older tractors hauling the equipment back to Maine were the same tractors that had had brought it down from Maine to Massachusetts. Also as far as I know that RS 1 is still in operation on the Green Mountain RR.

When I was about 7, there was an open house at the regional bus repair facility.

They ran trolleys (!), and still had Marmon_Harringtons, and Pullmans from the 40s and 50s, as well as then new mid 70's Flxibles, and a crap pile of gm "fishbowl" diesels in several different series.

They also had 1/8 scale concept models of proposed designs they were considering.

It was VERY cool seeing dozens on those things, with several opened up, and in states of disassembly.

I rode those to school, starting in 4th grade!

Later, about age 11, my mom took me to Detroit/Dearborn to the Ford museum and a steel plant tour.

Also WAY cool!

Cool vid.

My nephew, Jamison, is into the antique trucks. One of these days he and I'll hafta take a ride to Cortland for the Brockway show.

-
Back