-
Status
Not open for further replies.

HISS

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dart, havent had the car long, and Ive decided to give the whole car thing up because I cant seen to have anything thats doesnt turn into a money pit.
Rundown of the car.
Painted a little over a year ago(per previous owner) paint is a 5 footer for sure. Rear quarters have some mud and the fender lip has been rolled and reshaped to fit a larger tire(I don't like it, but 70's purists might). I was told the lower rear quarters were replaced, but not the best job in My opinion. Also noticed some mud in the wiper cowl area. The rear fender seams look pretty clean though, and the rest of the car is also pretty clean. It has a nasty ding on the rf fender top right by the antenna hole, how it got there I have no idea. Frame is nice and clean floorboards are decently clean, but have been beat on a little for header clearence, also the drivers side left heal portion has had a small patch put in at one time. Alsop it has a 6 inch glass cowl hood.

Interior...well its mostly out right now. Door panels and dash have all been dyed black(poorly by the previous owner). I have a black package tray cover new, and padding new. New black headliner, new black procar seats and brackets, used dyed rear seat with one seam split, and just installed a new billet steering wheel and hub. Also have the headliner bows used, and black carpet new in the box. Also have a set of used sill plates.

Glass is all in decent shape, door locks work, and windows roll down. I also have the chrome trim for the front windshield.

Motor is a 440 unknown year. I do have the machine bill for it. Its a Eagle stock stroke 4340 rotating assembly, h beams, srp flat tops, mp .509 cam, eddie performer rpm heads(with some port work), ductile iron rockers, team g intake, 850 holley, mallory distributer, and coil. Holds 60 to 80 psi of oil pressure at idle, this motor is very fresh. Supposedly the 727 was built but I have no way to confirm this, however it does slip a bit in reverse, not in forward gears however. The stall is supposed to be a hughes 3500. That being said the tranny will need work of some kind....might just be a band???? The rear is a standard a body lenght 8 3/4, custom built 30 spline axles, spool, and 4.10s. Car has hooker fender well headers, and 1 chamber 3 inch flowmasters with no tailpipes.

It has prostar knockoffs on the back with m/t 15x30x9 slicks, the lr loses air in about 2 weeks, however they did still have the stickers on em when I bought the car. The fronts are 14 inch american racing wheels with like new rubber.

Car has totally stock suspension and wheel tubs, and manual drums all the way around. Manual steering as well. The car does stop and steer very well, I have driven it around the black a couple times before I pulled the poly seats out of it.

Known issues.......
I put new valve covers on it and the drivers side leaks pretty good on the rear edge, might of just pinched the gasket or something, this is a new to Me leak and the car has never leaked any other fluids prior to this.

Said mentioned issues with the paint/body work

Mention issue on the drivers side floorpan

The nose is off the car, I have two grills that need painting and the headlight bezels, and marker light bezels.

I got all the lights working on the car except the blinkers, it does however have a new blinker switch.

It has no wiper motor or switch, I do have a used motor for it.

Trans slips in reverse.

I try to be honest and upfront about everything I sell, any questions please ask.

Asking 7500.00 firm for everything
Or 4500.00 for the motor
And 3k for the complete roller.

Car is located in Ingleside Tx. close to Corpus Christi.

I may start putting peices back on the car if I have time in the near future.

Also I might trade for a nice short bed daily driver Dodge, or a Deisel truck.

Thanks-Marty

Attachments

• dart 1.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 531
  • dart 11.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 538
  • dart4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 534
  • dart5.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 530
  • dart10.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 524
  • dart20.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 525
  • dart19.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 534
  • dart16.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 535
  • dart15.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 534
  • dart13.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 518
Couple more

Attachments

• dart18.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 542
  • dart21.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 533
That car has potential IMO. How close is it to street legal?
Small Block

Needs blinkers fixed, a horn installed(circuit is hot, just missing the horn), wiper motor installed, wiper switch and arms, exhaust would have to be ran out the passenger compartment, depending on how liberal your inspector is. Of course You would want to put seats and what not back in it. As is the car is violent on the street, it will incinerate the slicks easily in first and second gear, would make a nasty street car imho. Thanks for the interest.
Marty

Will stay for sale till the end of the month, if no interest Im gonna keep Her.

I,m trying to figure out how to break it to the wife. She may not like walking to work when I trade her truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back