For the members who quit smoking

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
Are yall having any problem with food. I no longer like the taste of anything including Pepsi. I have lost from 162 down to 153 pounds. I know this sounds weird. Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble.

Are yall having any problem with food. I no longer like the taste of anything including Pepsi. I have lost from 162 down to 153 pounds. I know this sounds weird. Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble.
That sounds weird(loseing weight?)Last time I quit,yes food tasted different,but I gained almost 30lbs.I went from 168-194lbs.Do you have any health issues?Normally people gain weight,when stopping smoking!

I'm up to 230 and I don't think it's all because we have leaf lettuce for my bologna sandwiches now.

Hey Duck: At this time there is no need for alarm so get some sleep. Let me ask some questions and make some recommendations. I'm not a doctor but i did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL!! Seriously though. Food will taste different. First off, you are not a large person to start with sounds like. How tall are you with that weight?. What age are you? Drop the Pepsi and all sodas. Drink beer. That wont hurt you either. I didn't say get drunk. Are you an active person as i am? I suspect you are a busy body and have a very high motabolism. Probably not a couch potatoe? Do you like banannas? They will help ya put on weight. Can you afford to eat what ever you want? Steak and potatoes. How long have you smoked? I do recommend that you go see your family doctor and just have a simple check up for the time being which will help calm your nerves. You'll be allright. Just eat the hell out of everything that you want to eat. They say that Mc Donalds food will fattin ya up if ya stay with it. I saw that documentary on TV. NOT my recommendation or endorsement. Let us know these details.
Doc Small Block

11 pounds lost is not really signifigant I wouldn't think....I gained about 15 in the first three weeks primarily cause I substituted food for smokes, I've lost about 6 of those in the past week and a half....jeans was gettin' too dam tight...I do eat a little more then I used to but everything tastes different. How are ya felling other then a little thinner??

Not a quitter but a cheater, I had to change the brand of coffee I drink and my water here at home taste like it has to much chlorine in it, I got up to 193lbs but I cut beer out of my diet and I am at 183lbs now. at 5'7''.
Some times I can got all day with out a damned cigarette and there are days I can smoke a half of a pack :angry7: Yes I am a mess #-o But this site gives me added purpose in my life to be the best I can be.8)
The weather is getting better and today it will get up to 85 F.
So I will spray my clothes down with a tick deterrent and see what the woods look like after this winter and ice storm we had.
Today is prayer day here in Arkansas so I guess it is for the hole USA.
I will continue keeping you in my prayers and hope everything is ok duckbuster. I would do as Small Block said and go see your doc just for your peace of mind bud.

I couldnt drink coffee or beer for a few months when I quite. Sweets became a replacement for smoking and I was never big on them before. I also gain 25lbs but I need the wieght anyways as I was 5'10" and 135lbs at the time.

I quit just over a year ago and the only thing that is any different is the fact that I can breath better. Now when I take a deep breath it's like my secondaries open up. Food still tastes the same and I didn't gain any weight.

Guys I seem to have mislead my question I am sorry. I am not worried about my weight loss because I am a busy guy, and i am not eating. I just dont like the taste of food and dont want it. I dont like the taste of anything.

I went through the same lack of appetite when i quit. i just didn't want food anymore i wanted to smoke. for me it only lasted about a week and a half but i still don;t have the same appetite i had when i smoked and it;s been 2 months now. best of luck with the quitting it's worth being able to breath in the morning

Anything !!!!! Now hold the phone there Duck. Anything !! Are you married or just have a girlfriend? Your OK. You just need to come on over and let me cook you a Ribeye rubbed in a special powder then marinated in Cabo Wabo Tequila. Boy i've done it now....MeMike will be up here faster than you can shake a stick. You just need to find some GOOD food. Smoked Ribs........man i'm making myself hungry. Hey Duck, head up my way ands pick up Mike on the way and we'll eat all weekend. I've got a spare bedroom for ya...and the lady. Believe me ...you wont have no trouble getting Mike to fall in on a deal like that. Always willing to help a buddy out. Let me know.
Small Block

Smallblock I wish I could turn loose and come see ya. You and Memike are part of reason I quit smoking in the first place. Maybe some time this fall we could get together. You know you may be right about the GOOD FOOD because my wife has been sick ever since I quit smoking. Any way I really would like to come up and visit another MOPAR nut there aint any in Tuscaloosa.

I actually have been losing weight as well. But I've also been exercising 4 times more than I was. So that explains that. I am having issues with tasting food and, well, really everything. But now I'm beginning to be able to smell things way better. And starting to taste things as well. So I think that may just be a faze.

im trying to stop but with the wife still doing it and the 5 kids at home i dont think it will be anytime soon lol food will get better good luck8)

-
Back