for those looking to raise octane

-
I wouldnt have people playing with fuel unless youre absolutely sure what your talking about. Toulene is a solvent

there the same i read up on this toluene is a paint thinner that is in gas already and can be used to raise octane as with Xylene

Be very careful with both of those - toluene and xylene. They both contain very high levels of benzene, a known carcinogen, and can lead to leukemia. Wear an organic vapor mask when fooling with either.

For the locals, they are pumping 100 octane at Kings Union 76 station at 975 Woodside Rd. in Redwood City but it is $5.39/gallon.

thats actually cheaper then toluene but they equal out at a point becasue i believe toluene is 7 a gallon?

so i can get 100 on almaden in san jose for the same, but i rather run 91 then when i need 100 jsut add it

Adding that stuff is just plain nuts kid. Nitro methane will work too. And better.. Try it.

I would be looking for a way to lower fuel prices not raise octane. It cost me $15 for not even 5 gallons of 87 octane this morning.

Straight Toluene has an octane of 114 were Xylene has one of 117. Toluene is very common as a octane booster. At one time Formula 1 cars ran on a fuel mixture of mid 80% Toluene. Care should be exercised when mixing your own fuels and is best to just purchase the fuel required for your application. E85 has an octane rating of 105 for comparison and I am waiting patiently for it to show up at my pumps because then I will convert my car to that. 105 octane pump fuel sounds great to me.

Chuck

-
Back