-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nerd racing

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I picked up the car in October with quite a few problems. I fixed the problems so I could get it inspected (Oil Plug was stripped, oil filter needed adapter, full exhaust installed, rear shocks, shift cables for park and gear selector).

I'm in the process of looking for a house and I could use the cash. My timing just wasn't right for a project vehicle. I could ask for something more solid to start with body wise, only rot I could find is on the leading edge of the hood, it was from another car. Car was swapped with a 360 LA engine before I bought it, do not have the original 273 engine.

The parts I've put in it so far:

Champion aluminum radiator
Jaguar fan clutch
New Battery (not period correct)
Used shifter cables
Front big bolt pattern disk brake swap (1975 dart parts new or reman parts)
Dual reservoir master cylinder from 76 Dodge Ram
Mopar Performance SS rear springs (Made in mexico ones)
1971 Imperial rear shocks (gabriel brand)
Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Coil (lifetime warranty stock replacements for electronic ignition)
Doug's headers (used)
2.5" single exit exhaust, have the rest to make dual. (aluminized kit from jeggs)
Bullitt wheels off of an '05 mustang GT, have some corrosion on them
225-50R17 tires all the way around Federal brand super steels.
Replacement door for passenger side (one on it has dents)

Included with the car for asking price:
Front and rear sway bars with most of the mounting hardware
Mountaineer 8.8" rear axles limited slip 3.73 gears with rear disk brakes, could use gone through
Original radiator
Front disk brakes and wheel hubs
original rear springs
original small bolt 13" rims and almost new tires
flip top fuel cap and adapter (drive quality not resto piece)
1.060" Firm Feel Torsion Bars with boots and clips
Wilcap bell housing adapter for 5.9L magnum to 200R4 bellhousing
replacement heater box and heater core (old one is broken and core leaked)

Good:
Car runs and drives fine, passed NYS safety inspection and is good until next year
Car is pretty good on fuel if you keep your foot out of it
Original push button trans works well now that I fixed the cables and such
Car is mostly complete and extremely solid. I could find no rot other than the hood.

Bad:
Car needs paint badly, was repainted some time ago but the paint is old and cracking. There are a couple filler spots here and there, can get pics upon request.
Car is missing the antenna.
Trunk lid has some bad dents in it, but is more solid than anything else I could find. Probably could be pulled out with a stud gun.
Fuel sender gauge does not work at all, could be wiring but I'd plan on replacing the sender
Transmission has a small leak on one of the cables, haven't had time to chase it out
Exhaust routing could use some fine tuning, I lost my welder and garage to work on it.

The car was stored from 1974 until 2012 so it doesn't have the northern car rot problems at all.

Interior is a little dry and could use some new covers and touch up paint.

This is a great car to cruise in as is, or with a paint job and some seat covers it could be a real head turner.

I'm looking for $4500 for FABO members as it sits with the extra parts listed on here.
I will be listing it elsewhere for a bit more money but FABO members have first shot so I know it goes to a good home.

I'd also entertain trade offers for something newer or a club cab or quad cab truck, maybe a wagon.

I'd also entertain taking less for it with stock parts re installed. Car is located in Springville NY (14141) and can be seen and test driven if PM'd in advance.

I will get better pictures after work. It is the car in my signature.

New Poly LCA bushings, poly strut rod bushings, front shocks, and 1.06" Firm Feel torsion bars installed now.

IMG_20140909_121006_068_zps288dbc71.jpg

IMG_20140909_121012_383_zpscf5b528b.jpg

IMG_20140909_121019_980_zps77d49222.jpg

IMG_20140909_121030_906_zpse5c90e60.jpg

IMG_20140909_121045_305_zps4cfc7a1f.jpg

IMG_20140909_121109_287_zps774717b5.jpg

IMG_20140909_121114_268_zps9bb587fb.jpg

IMG_20140909_121119_579_zps43ca14bc.jpg

I'm looking to sell the car as soon as possible to start a college fund for my girlfriend's daughter. I love the kid with all of my heart, but things are starting to seem like they aren't going to work out with her mother and I. I'd like to sell it soon or I may not get a chance to start the fund. I love her kid like she was my own and I'd like to at least get her started on going to college.

Who ever buys the car gets all of my parts for it. This includes intakes, stock parts I upgraded, sway bars, mountaineer rear axle, a pair of leather 35th anniversary cougar seats, etc. I'll even throw in a Number 3 arbor press and an old sears bench top lathe if it helps the car sell.

And I'll drop the price to $4,000.

Auction ends tonight at 9:30, hopefully it will go to someone off of here. If it does, mention your screen name and you will get all the parts I have and the original parts and everything.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Barracuda-V8-1964-plymouth-barracuda-360-v-8-push-button-automatic-pro-touring-project-/131291597012?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1e9196c8d4&item=131291597012&pt=US_Cars_Trucks"]Plymouth Barracuda V8 | eBay[/ame]

Hope someone starts to bid, would be a shame for this to go that cheap

Good luck

Yeah I have that in parts alone in it. Oh well that's how ebay goes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back