Ford 9" in 1965 Barracuda...an option?

-
my problem is here locally I am not aware of anyone who is proficient in transforming the 9" to fit properly. I'm sure someone can, may contact local car clubs and see if they have a recommendation. Thanks for your input!
Unless you live in the middle of nowhere it is easy to find someone who can narrow a Ford 9 inch. Not saying it will be cheap, or done correctly, but every street rod/hot rod/chassis shop I've ever been in had a Ford 9 inch jig.

What I would like to find is a good original 7 1/4 Mopar rear end with posi unit, but that's probably not out there. that would keep it original and bolt right in.
Could happen. I've thrown away several 7 1/4 rear ends over the years. For what I build they are useless so I just toss them in the scrap pile. Everything I build gets a Dana 60 or a Ford 9 inch. The trick is that you have to be in the right spot at the right time to find someone who is tossing a 7 1/4. And of course, it has to be the correct one for you application.

For my Barracuda a 9” ford from a Granada or Versailles was an easy choice. Cheap, bolts right in an it was simple to convert to rear disks using parts from an Explorer. Granted finding a Granada rear axle may not be easy, and modifying a typical 9” will add to final investment. A 9” Ford will always be a rear axle that is cheaper to find pants for.

-
Back