Ford TB on a G3 Swap

-
Or you can tweak the mounting holes a little on the Ford TB and just bolt it on. For free. That's what I'm planning on doing. The holes are pretty close.

I hadn't heard of anyone else using one either. But I've got one laying around and it looks like it'll work so I was planning on using that. If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll look into it closer and get some pictures.

Down in the barn tinkering. First thing I'm seeing is that the throttle blade opens opposite of stock. No biggie. Off to mark up the holes and start grinding.

I used an 85mm chevy power products for an LS motor. I made my own adapter on a friends mill. You could probably make one with a drill press.

Attachments

• Throttle body 1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 310
  • Throttle Body 2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Throttle Body4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 305
It fits! Just had to slot the holes and drill a locating pin hole. Also had to shorten the factory mounting screws because the flange is thinner. But aside from that it's a perfect fit. Pictures later tonight.

So you could simply make one to match the ford bolt pattern. The only other issue is that Ford uses a different type of idle air control. I believe it can still be used with MS though.

Marking out the new mounting holes.
DSC_0304%202_zpsh1id7gcu.jpg

5 minutes with a die grinder.
DSC_0306%202_zpssxnhlx8j.jpg

DSC_0307%203_zps1vleblp9.jpg

Good to go.
DSC_0310%203_zpsk4o7jfaz.jpg

Yanked out that hose fitting, tapped the hole to 1/8 NPT and plugged.
DSC_0311%203_zpskqjl9y0r.jpg

I hadn't heard of anyone else using one either. But I've got one laying around and it looks like it'll work so I was planning on using that. If you can wait until tomorrow night, I'll look into it closer and get some pictures.

What year is your motor?
I have the aluminum 6.1 intake for my 5.7, but I notice yours is shaped the same but plastic.
the aluminum ones get heat soaked and I have to modify the ports accordingly.
:burnout:

It's a 2010 car 5.7 (Challenger RT). From what I hear, the intake is pretty much the plastic equivalent of the 6.1 intake.

So whats the point of this Vs. a chrysler TB? just that you no longer need the drive by wire pedal? what happens to the ford TPS plug and the EGR looking port on the top?

i'm contemplating a late model hemi swap and am curious, Thanks!

Yes, you get rid of the drive by wire and is way cheaper than the BBK hemi throttle body. It requires an aftermarket ECU, you hook up the tps and iac and configure them just like you would if it was a Ford engine.

-
Back