forgotton cars

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
I was thinking to myself on the way home last night about cars you never see on the road anymore. Not Cords or anything like that, but recent cars that seemed to be throw aways right off the lot. I saw a K-car...I dont see these but about once a month, it was still putting along, old lady driving it. Saw a Gremlin last week, first one in probably a year. Now: When was the last time you saw a running and driving Chevy Citation? How about a Ford Fairmont? Dodge Mirada? Yeah, sure they are 25 years old, but were these cars really so freaking cheap *** "Made in USA in the 80's" that they couldnt last 25 years? Not counting imports, I could care less about a CRX or a Maxima. I see old American beater trucks all day....

Yeah Whens the last time you saw a Vega, Pinto, even a Mustang 2, Cordoba. There are lots of lost cars out there.

Yeah Whens the last time you saw a Vega, Pinto, even a Mustang 2, Cordoba. There are lots of lost cars out there.

I've seen all those cars you have listed in last week, all moving under their own power on the street (the vega on the highway doin 70 no less).

I've seen all those cars you have listed in last week, all moving under their own power on the street (the vega on the highway doin 70 no less).
I don't know where you live but the rust got the best of those cars around here a few decades ago...

Its funny since I am in Detroit and theres SO many car shows and cruises all spring/summer long all you see is weird and less sought after cars

we didn't know how good the1970'S 1980's were until now.

Cars have become too expensive for what you get. Sad part is they are going higher yet and being made cheaper yet

My son and I spotted a Studebaker Avanti on the back of a car hauler on the way back from FL last week.

There was a Pinto parked in various spaces in an apartment complex near my house for the last few years so I knew that it ran. Never got to see who drove it. I haven't seen it for the last 9 months so I don't know if it was sold, the owner moved, or it gave up the ghost.

Do Plymouth Voyagers count now that the Plymouth line is defunct?

How many Dodge Omnis are seen on the road?

or how about a 77 charger se.or a pacer.what ever happen to the tourismo lol. or a le car . or even a dodge 600.

Attachments

• 445.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 694
Only cars from the 80s, I like are the conquest tsi and the omni glh don't see them to often.

guy in a pacer was stalking a girl at work. this was 2003. lol. broken back window with a garbage bag on the back window. police told me he really tried to talk his way out of it citing production numbers and his wasnt the only one out there. Sorry, but yes it is.

went to a monthly swap meet and there were two pacer wagons in parking lot and they didn't come together. so not only 2 pacers but they were both station wagons

In my area,We have 2 or 3 v8 Vegas.Two or three V8 Pintos.A v8 74 Capti,and a Pro street Plymouth Arrow.

'Cimarron by Cabillac'

That Chevy mini-van that lookied like a dust-buster...see I really forgot the name. And didn't Pointia and Olds have a version of it?

Ford LTD'Mercury Marquis, the mid-size ones based on the Fairmont.

R-body Mopars...79-81 Gran Fury, St.Regis, Newport and New Yorker.

Lincoln Mark VI, Lincoln Continental....the ugly boxy downsized models of the '80's

Eagle Premier, Dodge Monaco.

Buick Reatta
Plymouth Caravelle.
Buick Somerset:pukel:

ferd grenada , murkury monarch. a Z34. volkswagon rabbit truck, forgot what they called them things. how about the convertable shelby dakotas.datsun 280zx

Haven't seen a Chevette driving on the street in years. Last one I saw was at a wheel stand competition.
:burnout:

For a car that was really popular back when they were new....a Ford Probe. You just don't see them very often.

Also...Yugo...lol

How about one of these? I see it everyday. My 87 Dodge Shelby CSX.

Attachments

• Shelby pics for Haggerty 022 (640x420).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 611
I see an old Daytona Shelby and a LeBaron GTC everyday
here in my neighborhood.:D

I couldn't tell you what 99% of the cars are on the road today. Maybe
I'm too old school or maybe all of the vehicles look the same today.

Attachments

• DSCF1502 (Medium).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 614
-
Back