Format Problem

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
This is a screenshot of what I get when I click on a topic....Not sure what I did to eff it up

Screenshot (25).png

Format C:/U/S

Sorry, could not resist. MS-DOS days

Apparently the problem is with my Google Chrome...(Google just "UPDATED" a bunch of stuff). I can go to Explorer and all is well...Now to delete the last update to Chrome if possible.

Try restarting your computer.

Did that long ago...I shut my computer down every night, For some reason Windows 10 won't let me reset my default Browser to Chrome...Computer illiterate here...I just poke around until I fix it then don't even know what I did to do so:lol:

I've never had the website have a formatting issue like that before on Chrome. If you don't feel like tracking down the issue, and you're signed in with a Google account, then you can delete and reinstall Chrome and it will keep things the same. All your favorites, history, etc. will still be there with a clean install. You'll just need to reinstall your extensions.

Microsoft wants everybody to use Edge instead of Chrome because Windows 10 collects a bunch of data on everything you do and sends it back to Microsoft. Then they can sell said data to advertisers and such. This is why they won't let you delete Edge or any other of their pre-installed bloatware. I'd recommend going into your security settings and disabling any check box that allows Microsoft to snoop on you (unless you just don't mind the snooping).

I manually deleted all their useless applications (even those that had the uninstall button grayed out) , got rid of Edge, and installed third-party software to block all telemetry to/from Microsoft. If I can build the PC, I should be allowed to choose what goes on it. What Microsoft is doing to their customers nowadays really bothers me.

I just uninstalled chrome from my desktop at home. Worked fine for a long time then started acting up. back to IE, it seems to work fine.

Re-installing Chrome fixed my problem. I keep forgetting I have to do that with it once in a while...still prefer it over Edge...Actually seems to have sped up some also.

I use Linux Firefox and Adxxxxxxx, but Joey does not want me telling people that

-
Back