Formed Radiator Hoses...

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Hi...
Well I wouldn't ask this question if I haden't already been to almost every parts house here in boise... I bent up a steel clothes hanger to shape and I haven't been able to come up with anything.

Does anybody have a part number for both an upper and lower formed radiator hose. We have napa, autozone and shucks in my area.

I have a '67 barracuda with a 360 and a radiator out of a 66 barracuda. When I had the radiator rebuilt I had them move the lower hose to the otherside, the same distance from the edge.

Heres a pic of the same radiator http://www.jamesmskipper.us/Barracuda/RadiatorDetails.html

Thanks in advance
Jim

I had the same problem finding an upper radiator hose.
Auto Value had the correct hose, not the flex looking hose like Advanced Auto had, but they had to look under 1968. The guy also told me I would need to take an inch off one end, and he was right- but it fits perfect.
Gates #20386.

Here are the mopar part numbers I have for 67 hoses:
upper
273; 1881806
383; 1881813
lower
273; 1881813
383; 1881809

Nope, I didn't need it. Try calling Auto Value, or better yet, do like I did and find a parts store that still has actual books for parts, there are alot of parts out there that are not on the computers.
Next time I'm there I can see if they have a listing.

Like I mentioned earlier, I have a 360 in a 67 barracuda...

360's never came in 67 barracudas, so there isn't a listing.

I was hoping somebody who has done the same engine swap along with an 18 inch radiator would have some part numbers on the hoses they used.

so are you saying 273 or 383 hoses will work??

I need an 1 1/2 hose for the upper and a 1 3/4 hose for the lower with one.

I not sure, just trying to help.
Based on the pic of the radiator you posted, I thought the hose I bought might be an option for you since it looked similar to mine. I listed the part numbers because those are what I used to help me find what I needed, some are on e-bay.
Not sure where the 360 has the hose, is it in the same place as mine? Keep in mind, this pic is prior to me replacing the hose with the Gates hose:

hose.JPG

Your help is greatly appreciated.....

I think your on to something....I need to find a parts house that has more than a computer.

I'm going racing on friday, I think I'm going to ask the local mopar guys when I'm there too. If I find anything I'll pass it along.

Does not matter if it is a 360 or 273 what matters is what water pump are you running? If the lower hose is on the driver's side it is a '69 and earlier water pump. Are you running a '70 and up aluminum water pump with the lower hose on the passenger's side or a '69 and earlier cast iron pump with lower hose on the driver's side? Was the radiator modified after the picture was taken to run the later style water pump?

The pump oulet is on the passenger side, I had the hose location on the radiator moved to the passenger side as well.

i believe the hose for a 66 barracuda with a 273 will work. this is what i used on mine and it fits fine unless you have the later water pump that exits on the passenger side and has the larger outlet. in which case look for one for an 85 fifth avenue. rockauto.com has both for 9 or 10 depending which one you need. for that matter any part house should be able to get the hose for the 85 fifth avenue

The pump oulet is on the passenger side, I had the hose location on the radiator moved to the passenger side as well.

Go to www.rockauto.com and look up a lower hose for a '70 V8 Dart, they have one there and it is 1 3/4" like you need. All '70 and up a-bodies used the aluminum water pump with the lower hose on the passengers side. Hopefully you have a spring to put in there so it doesn't get sucked shut.

A regular '67 V8 upper hose should work with that radiator you have. Rock Auto has those too.

Go to www.rockauto.com and look up a lower hose for a '70 V8 Dart, they have one there and it is 1 3/4" like you need. All '70 and up a-bodies used the aluminum water pump with the lower hose on the passengers side. Hopefully you have a spring to put in there so it doesn't get sucked shut.

A regular '67 V8 upper hose should work with that radiator you have. Rock Auto has those too.

Man Thats Great!!!!!

I really really appreaciate the help.

jim

The radiator and hoses I am using to convert my 66 to a 360 are for a 1970 Duster 340. They all look like they will fit well.

The radiator and hoses I am using to convert my 66 to a 360 are for a 1970 Duster 340. They all look like they will fit well.

Thats what I was going to say. Get them to look up anything 70 and up is what I did on mine and they fit very good.

The gates site has pics when you click on a hose number. look up a v8 hose and click to see it.

-
Back