Forum For Sale Ads etiquette

-
when I sell stuff its not only on here, but its first i'll take it AND PM, this way everything stays fair. I try to put sale pending of I get a bite on CL or backpage.

Had I somehow been more aggressive I might have been the "winning" buyer. But I'm not sure how I might have done that past telling him "I'll buy the parts if the first guy who PM'ed falls through". Maybe I should've asked for a PayPal address and as soon I got it, sent money away. But I think with this situation, I'd be getting a 3-5 week wait on a refund because I wasn't first to pay, or maybe even 2nd or 3rd, or... Just a silly way to do business if you ask me, and I don't want to play into that.

So for those sellers that set up a race for first money received, may I suggest you put your Paypal email account in the ad posting. That way the first guy who's serious can just send away. You won't get me to be a buyer that way though.

Thanks for those that replied. This post was mostly a vent in frustration, but I'm glad to hear it's not normal to many.

Another time I missed out here, the seller was waiting on the guy who PM'ed before me to get back and pay for it. I told him contact me if it falls through, but it didn't. I had to wait a day until the news. But to me that's more how it should work. I could've paid first too, but the seller was going down the line as it should be.

-
Back