Found-68 notchback barracuda

-

74scampga

Reaction score
Heres a picture of the 68 barracuda my dad found for me a couple weeks ago. I havent had much time to restore my 67 fastback due to getting a second job to fund my car project. But, i couldnt let this one rot away seeing how much the lady wanted for it. Im not really sure what im going to do with it yet but atleast its not rotting away in the woods now. Well neways, its a 68 notchback barracuda. Vinyl top, automatic, console, 318, factory a/c, but is missing the header panel, grill, engine, trans, bucket seats. Floors are rock solid and the trunk is rusted out as well as a small portion of the quarter panel. When i finally got all of the clothes hanger off that was holding the trunk lid down, I dug out all of the leaves and trash in the trunk. I found a hurst shifter under it all hanging out a hole where the spare tire would be.

67notcho.jpg

68notch.jpg

unfortunately i just sold a 68 fastback parts car. It had a gorgeous dash pad and pretty much everything missing from this car. But other then just cleaning it up and getting it out of the rain its gonna be put on hold for a bit. Things have been slow at the dealership i work at so hopefully when things pick up and the help of my second job something will come of it. I pretty much know what i want to do with it, just have to accumulate some spare funds. Im also looking at a house with a 4 car shop so that would definetely be nice to have a good place to work.

This is what i was thinking body wise. Its a long way away but maybe one day ill have the time and money to fix her up.

IMG_3265.jpg

You can triple your money selling the fenders alone..... :-D

Good score. But it sounds like your free time is booked for the next few years...... 8)

yeah, i kinda have alot on my plate but who knows. If i get the house atleast ill have somewhere to start tearing things apart. I also was wondering what your recommendations would be on keeping this cars rust down to a minimum while its sitting. Would it be best to cut the rust out of the quarters that it has now or grind it down and use some type of rust preventative paint/spray? any recommendations would help.

As far as rust goes, you could do what I did last winter when I was unable to work on my car. I coated the floor pans and trunk in WD-40. Just grabbed one of those big jugs of it and brushed it on. Not a single spot after 5 or so months. After that, I wiped it down with degreaser in the spring.

Preciate it fellas, as for me parting it out i wouldnt count on it. I really didnt need it but hated to see the car just sitting there. If i dont get time within the next few months to start on it, im definetely not going to let the car go to waste like so many ive seen. Itll end up being for sale to somebody that would give it a good home. But thanks for all the replies, and Ill keep ya posted!

-
Back