Found '76 Dart Sport - what are these holes?

-
The holes are on both sides of the front fenders....so two alarms, one for each side of the car? I don't know about that...

I think I'm now convinced they were for some add on mirrors, deer whistles, turn signal lights (but the wiring isn't cut) or whip antennas. The car has a major trailer hitch and low rear gear, suggesting highway travel.

Thanks everyone! I might post some more pics of this car in a new thread, if anyone's interested. We're just cleaning it up now and figuring out what needs to be done to make it road worthy....it's great fun! There's fuzzy fake fur glued everywhere and even an 8-track player in the dash! Was in a barn since 1990.

Thanks guys! I'll go with side mounted turn signals or maybe antennas. The deal is, the car is for sale for $1500, no motor. 92 year old lady stored it for joe blow who has never come back for it. Just so happens joe blow's ex wife is the granddaughter, so she's sent a lawyers letter and now they're taking possession under the properties and storage act. I think she wants to spite him as well! She knows nothing else about it. She said, and I quote "It would be a good car if you put a 427 in it, that's what everyone is doing these days."

Wow glad to see you've got your car..this looked like it was going to maybe be a situation like MeMike found himself stuck in. Cool to see people picking up cars hidding away for years waiting for the right person to come along! I have to ask but also hate to ask as I have a feeling its a sad subject for you, but whats happened with that sweet black '65 of yours that got the bump on the front end? Have you been able to fix her back up? Good luck with the new project anyhow.

Yes, it is a sad subject...but there is sun on the horizon.

My '65 Barracuda Formula S with the smashed front is in my garage, with new parts gathering around it. With help from this forum, Moparts, Ebay and The Early Abody Forum I've managed to get a replacement fender, bumper, bumper brackets, grill, headlight ring, radiator and I think maybe the front valance. Now I just need the motivation to start taking it apart...that's the hard part, the motivation.

The upcoming warm weather will bring the motivation. :)

PS: Here's a pic of Gil's new acquisition in my driveway:

DCP_2487.sized.jpg

I know it's not an a-body but please everybody, be kind. ;)

alright! So he bought it? Where did he find that? I know he's always talking about his old red Road Runner.

alright! So he bought it? Where did he find that? I know he's always talking about his old tor-red Road Runner.

In Waterford, ON (about an hour south-west of Hamilton)... about 6 hours each way. Made for a long day but the lack of snow in southern Ontario and the chance to drive an old car after the worst winter ever made it all worthwhile! :D

It's in storage now which bumped his 75 Scamp into my driveway where it'll be a snow collector until spring... and then it's up for sale. Too bad you grabbed that Dart Sport so quickly, you could have got a wicked deal on the Scamp. Maybe still can... how big is your garage? ;)

Anyway, he's over the moon since, as you said, he's been missing his 72 Road Runner badly lately. Now comes the fire sale of the Scamp, his 76 Newport and the 70 Polara wagon...

-
Back