Found a 68 Barracuda parts stash..... are they worth selling???

-

Leggettham13

Reaction score
Ok so I find a tote of parts in the barn....look em up and bam they are for a 68 Barracuda.....now my question is these parts are not in perfect shape but I think they are repairable and or restoreable...I believe they are still worth something but what??? Please give me some idea of the value and hell shoot an offer if interested...I cleaned em up but they could use some love for sure....parts are located in sw Washington stat.....I'll put a couple pics up but there was
1 340-s hood insert ..... one mounting tab is missing...and yes I only found one side lol

2 interior door handles

Three parking lights complete housing and bezel decent shape I think one had a crack in the lens...

One speedometer is the 150 mph with trip reset on it...seems to be in working condition

Three pieces of the grill trim 2 passenger and one driver side I believe...one is in great shape one needs repaired at the crossmember and one is missing the crossmember....they are missing various studs but thought they could be re removed from the broken one ???

Five pieces of the grill screen... two grey and the rest black...all but one have cracked peices on them but seem like they could be repaired and used??

Four passenger side taillight housings and one plain lens would need to mix and match to make a perfect one ...

Three driver side taillight housings and one plain lens....also would need to mix and match....what would something like this be worth.....ballpark?

Thanks

20210711_220207.jpg

20210711_221343.jpg

20210711_220217.jpg

20210711_221412.jpg

20210711_221822.jpg

Grilles $200/pair ....taillights $140/pair.... hood lovers $250/pair etc...

Ok so I find a tote of parts in the barn....look em up and bam they are for a 68 Barracuda.....now my question is these parts are not in perfect shape but I think they are repairable and or restoreable...I believe they are still worth something but what??? Please give me some idea of the value and hell shoot an offer if interested...I cleaned em up but they could use some love for sure....parts are located in sw Washington stat.....I'll put a couple pics up but there was
1 340-s hood insert ..... one mounting tab is missing...and yes I only found one side lol

2 interior door handles

Three parking lights complete housing and bezel decent shape I think one had a crack in the lens...

One speedometer is the 150 mph with trip reset on it...seems to be in working condition

Three pieces of the grill trim 2 passenger and one driver side I believe...one is in great shape one needs repaired at the crossmember and one is missing the crossmember....they are missing various studs but thought they could be re removed from the broken one ???

Five pieces of the grill screen... two grey and the rest black...all but one have cracked peices on them but seem like they could be repaired and used??

Four passenger side taillight housings and one plain lens would need to mix and match to make a perfect one ...

Three driver side taillight housings and one plain lens....also would need to mix and match....what would something like this be worth.....ballpark?

Thanks

View attachment 1715764594

View attachment 1715764595

View attachment 1715764596

View attachment 1715764598

View attachment 1715764599
All Barracuda parts are worth reselling, especially if in usable condition.

One year only, don't go cheap on good parts. If someone wants a particular piece, he/she will pay for it. But on the other hand side, if you need a part don't low ball the seller. It's a giving and taking...! Fairness is the most important thing in this hobby and without a good network and friends you won't get far on restoring an old car. It's a community, helping others and getting help from others is the way it should be. There are some black sheep on FABO and FBBO, but they don't last long.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Last edited:
For sale ads are free. Post one with prices and pictures. Mods don't like it when you post like this because it can turn into a for sale thread in the wrong place. Just trying to help. And yeah, you have some nice stuff.

68 reverse lenses arent repopped as far as I know.

they are repopped by pgclassic $235 with red center lense and new chrome insert.

So are plastic grilles $235 and chrome grille surrounds $245, turn signal chromes $194 and turn signal lenses.

while that stuff seems expensive, the cost of rechroming those used parts is about the same as buying new.

The new plastic grilles come detailed painted in silver and black. Takes 3-6 hours to mask and paint both colors on used ones correctly.

you can search past [sold] sales of all these items. As they fairly regularly pop up for sale on FABO. Of course the asking price may be higher than actual sold price. How many replies that are very close to ad posting time and date can give you a feel for actual sold price.

Grilles $200/pair ....taillights $140/pair.... hood lovers $250/pair etc...

I think you’ll need grille assemblies with chrome surround, plastic grille insert and turn signal to get $200+

With his best combo, there’s still pieces with issues…and there’s not a driver and passenger side like pair without issues.

One surround has broken crossmember (JB weld & hope it lasts) and passenger plastic grilles have broken and missing fins (need another parts grille to carefully graft repair). One turn signal lens has crack, one doesn’t.

Last edited:
-
Back