Found A-833 Big Bock bellhousing ....Anything special?

-

68vert

Reaction score
Started going through the boxes of parts that came with the 68 Cuda vert.
Found the bellhousing with a # of 2892513.
Shows it to be a 70-71 B/RB / Hemi big block housing.

Just wondering if this is a common part or is hard to come by.
The vert just keeps on giving....theres 3 or 4 shifters I still have to ID.:cheers:

Happen to be looking for that exact bellhousing for my 70 roadrunner that was an auto.

Just make sure you use the correct flywheel. My dad installed an 11" flywheel on his 440 and the bell was for a 10.5 so the starter will not fit.

Just make sure you use the correct flywheel. My dad installed an 11" flywheel on his 440 and the bell was for a 10.5.

It was bolted to a 68-383 and a 1976 a-833 23 spline
what do you think I would need for my 1970 440?

I scrapped one earlier this year cause I couldn't give it away. That's about what they're worth.

Good for showcars not hotrods
I value my feet too much to ever use one.

Your bell housing was used from 1970-1974 on all 383-400-426-440 motors in B-C-E body cars,so this is a very common unit,if it,s for sale,I am interested in it,mrmopartech

That sucks. I've had several and had no problem getting 250.00 ea for them.

That happens on everything I try to sell. I start out reasonable, drop to giveaway prices and seldom ever get bites, so I am just tired of it all. I gave away my last BIG load of Mopar stuff to a local friend. I didn't even try to sell it, because I knew the outcome. He ended up with his A100 van so full it couldn't haul another piece.

I scrapped one earlier this year cause I couldn't give it away. That's about what they're worth.

I'm usually not one to post out of my elements on these MOPAR forums, but I've read quite a few of your posts over the past few weeks, and you seem to be a regular negative 'ninny'.

Take this bell housing for example. I've never seen a one of these sell for less than $140, whether on ebay or at a swap meet. they aren't rare, but at the same time there are a lot of people changing cars over to 4 speed, and this is a very desire-able part. they are worth whatever the seller and buyer can agree on for a price. maybe you have an attitude problem, or you don't know how to deal with people, or maybe you rub them the wrong way....which would be my case in point.
I grew up MOPAR and I live it, so when I hear people quote "that's about what they're worth", I feel you're lucky I've gone through my anger management course. DONE

-
Back